Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I need some help wiring up a pioneer DEH-P815 to my truck, so far I have found only a few wires that are the same color after that everything is different on the pioneer side. Tried searching the net :doh: that got me no where.

So I figured Id make a post on here since there are alot of audio experts here.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
are you trying to tie it into the factory wiring? if your truck harness is not cut up you can buy factory pig tails and they will have id's on the wires which should match up with your aftermarket deck.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
It'll cost a couple bucks but save your factory wiring and lots of headaches.

Go to your local audio shop, or best buy or circuit city or wherever and ask for an adapter harness for your year truck, should be no more than $10-20.

All the wiring on the harness and off your hu will match color and will be labeled too. Just sit at your desk or workbench and splice it all together then plug it into the truck and your golden.

Or if there are no shops around you could get one online, Wiring Harness | Head Unit Wiring Harness | Wire Harness

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
prolly should have said I already have the wire harness to tie into an aftermarket radio and they arent labeled.

But Im gonna go buy another harness., and hope to figure it out.

any one know a place that would be able to tell me which wire is what for the head unit?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
prolly should have said I already have the wire harness to tie into an aftermarket radio and they arent labeled.

But Im gonna go buy another harness., and hope to figure it out.

any one know a place that would be able to tell me which wire is what for the head unit?
Ok I think I understand now, I did a bunch of searching, but I guess Pioneer doesn't have the user manuals on their website going back that far. Best bet would probably be to call their customer support and they can probably dig up the wiring for you. Found some users manuals for sale, but $15 seems steep to get the info.

I have yet to find an HU's harness that is labeled on the wiring like the adapter harness is, but if you can get a new one and its labeled then sounds like you have your solution.

Looks like that HU was built around 95' I'm not sure when the color coding standard started but should be the same I would hope.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks jdc, I was hoping you would reply too, so far everything is alright except the following

on the pioneer side everything matches besides:

green with red tracer
black with green tracer
grey with red tracer
black with grey tracer

on the ford connector:

purple with black tracer
purple
white with black tracer
white

I really dont wanna cross wires and heand up screwing something up.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Yea those colors sound a little weird. I would be willing to bet they are speaker wires since they have pairs of that color but one with a tracer but I have never seen those color sets before. I would give pioneer a call and see what they say just to be safe.

Reversing the positive and negative on a speaker won't hurt it, just put it out of phase (which sometimes is a good thing) it always feels better when you know 100% what your connecting though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts