Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pick your brains for just a second. I bought a sct 9621 tuner from a buddy of mine for the purpose of getting rid of the making oil, bad fuel econ,blowing up the motor, ect ect. The tuner was never used he just sold the truck. So I called sct and went through the updating process no problems there it went without a hitch. Next step was call Rudys Diesel and ordered the diamond eye dpf/cat delete with bungs, they told me i needed that pipe. Got the pipe in on friday "shipping was super fast!". I got on my back crawled under my 08 6.4 to jerk out the pipe no problems there and to be honest it was simple withe just me doing it. Thank god for pb blaster! And if u dont wipe up the oil that drips down on the garage floor it helps you slide around alot easier! I got all the sensors out except one, the one right before the muffler. I called the wife and she went to ford and picked up a new one. I installed everything to the T it looks great and all. But then I installed the SCT tuner with the tow selection and went for a drive. The truck ran great and sounded great but about 5 miles into the drive it shows cleaning exhaust! What do I do now I thought the tuner got rid of that process? Can anyone steer me in the right direction. All I want to do is pull my 10,000 lb Bobcat with the DPF and Cat gone and no regen. Can someone please help me I live in the Kansas City area and I need to pull my loader in the morning to a job and I dont want to hurt the truck. The directions only say u can pull 6000 lbs. Do I need to pull everything back out and use the trash can? Thanks for any help u can give I just feel like im stuck in a hole and cant get out. If u dont want to type, anybody can call me 816-510-3671 thank you Scott.

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
I have the Livewire...It has the OR after the number..meaning OFFROAD. With the offroad tuners, the regen/ emissions is turned off..or has the option to do it. Not sure if the Non-Offroad tuner removes the regen? My tuner has the option for the DPF delete, and EGR delete. Someone else have any imput?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well sir I have a sct livewire. Did u download a tune on ur truck u have answer questions about ur truck then it takes about 15 minutes for the first time tune then u turn key off then the ecu shuts down did the tuner say successfully installed tune. Did u answer yes when the tuner asked u did u delete the dpf. Any more questions txt me 570 220 0022

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out to check to see if I did something wrong in the garage and pulled the codes im getting uo115 uo100 uo101 uo100 I dont understand wtf is going on! It was better stock than having to put up with all this crap. I am returning the truck back to stock and try it again I guess the dumb thing is I didnt have one bit of trouble out of the truck till now. I dont know what to do

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fixed it I went back out in the garage and jerked everything off that put on yesterday a walla! No more check engine codes or anything. I should give u guys my address so u can beat the trash man to all the crap I threw away! Imo a tuner is a tuner it should have been an option to ie either upgrade oved the internet with sct or a vendor. The box says nothing about the cat dpf and I told rudys what my setup was and what I wanted to do and this is what I get. A whole weekend under a truck. All I have heard was great things about sct, and rudys. Can anybody tell me what is a nice clean setup for a tuner, pipe or pipes to get rid of the bs under my truck please. Im not trying to bash anybody here but im really pissed off.

·
401 Posts
The problem is not the tuner but that the one you have is only for on road tunes. Since you had planned on using it you can go a cheaper route and use what you have for gauges and buy an uploader only.
(2) i can think of that sell them.
H&S and Innovative.
Both are good on tuning and customer service. If you call either one they will help you out.
Innovative tunes on the SCT also. I doubt the can help with the current tuner, but doesnt hurt to ask.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Either call Rudy's or Innovative diesel and tell them you want Erics tunes on an SCT Livewire and you will be set. I would try and resell the one you have now and get some of your money back, but as others have stated, you need the 9621OR Livewire

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
I need to pick your brains for just a second. I bought a sct 9621 tuner from a buddy of mine for the purpose of getting rid of the making oil, bad fuel econ,blowing up the motor, ect ect. The tuner was never used he just sold the truck. So I called sct and went through the updating process no problems there it went without a hitch.
There is your issue.... You got the wrong part from your buddy not Rudy or anyone else. That SCT cannot turn off the DPF filter.

I downloaded the tuner and it never asked anything about the dpf. Is my truck safe to drive
That is because you didn't purchase the correct tuner. SCT updated your tuner for your vehicle but that particular model tunner CANNOT turn off the DPF. A tuner w/o the ability to turn off the DPF, unless a custom emailed tune, cannot turn off the DPF.

I went out to check to see if I did something wrong in the garage and pulled the codes im getting uo115 uo100 uo101 uo100 I dont understand wtf is going on! It was better stock than having to put up with all this crap. I am returning the truck back to stock and try it again I guess the dumb thing is I didnt have one bit of trouble out of the truck till now. I dont know what to do
You installed the wrong tuner. You ordered a DPF delete ASSUMING the tuner you had turned the DPF off. I've dealt w/ Rudy several times and they went back and forth clarifying info for me several times returning my calls until I was satisfied. I asked a sh$t load of questions to make sure I had things in order before I took the plunge. I ordered directly from them explaining EXACTLY what i wanted. Explaining exactly what I did or didn't have.
I'm willing to bet, if you called them, you explained you picked up the tuner from your buddy because you wanted to turn off DPF.
Rudys Diesel and ordered the diamond eye dpf/cat delete with bungs, they told me i needed that pipe
. They wouldn't have sold you the set up KNOWING that your tuner was incompatible. I'd argue there was a loss of communication.

Imo a tuner is a tuner it should have been an option to ie either upgrade oved the internet with sct or a vendor. The box says nothing about the cat dpf and I told rudys what my setup was and what I wanted to do and this is what I get.
A tuner cannot be made to go from DPF on to a DPF/Offroad model via the internet or SCT. SCT is one of the few who made a DPF off model, the OFFROAD model as some vendors I've spoken to have explained it.
I have personally called Edge and SCT for that purpose and they advised it cannot be done.
SCT makes a on road, street legal model, the one you got, so does edge, hypermax, bully dog, banks, etc. etc.. BUT the DD, SCT and H&S are the only 3 I can think of that can be purchased in an offroad only/DPF delete setup.

Did you tell you Rudys you had an ON ROAD SCT tuner? If you did and he sold you a delete setup anyway by phone then i guess they messed up.

Anyway, you'll have to keep the exhaust set up if you want to go without the DPF and you will have to purchase an OFF-ROAD tuner and OFF-ROAD tune. BTW, technically you're trying to break the law and you are asking about others who can help you http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115928&highlight=epa and SCT just stopped making the off road tuner.

DPF/Regen is ridiculous but it is Federally mandated, not an option.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok folks I have calmed down and ready to move forward on the right tuner. With the holidays here who has the best price or extra addons with a sct tuner. Meaning, buying a tuner from them and get free shipping, a custom tow program ect. And since I bought the diamond eye dpf cat delete pipe with the bungs can I still use it with the offroad program such as pluging the holes with caps or do I have to buy another pipe. What im trying to do is quit making oil, tow over 15000 lbs and not blow up. Im not a racer anymore I could care less about the 5 million hp tune I just want to do the proper set up. Im sure the vendors cant quote prices over this forum but they can call me on the phone 816 510 3671 so I can get the ball rolling

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Call Rudy's back, let them know you are a member. Tell them you want IDP tunes, or you can either call IDP directly. They will set you up. Vendors will usually qoute prices on here through PM's, but I have never gotten the good deals through the internet that i do when i call

1 - 14 of 14 Posts