Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some measurments on the inside of the frame rails, from the first crossmember(with the powersteering cooler on it) forward to the very front where the leaf spring shackels are at.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Hey Rob, I will take the measurements in a little bit when I go out to replace my draglink. Hey I have a question for you. Either I am blind or my trackbar is incognito. I don't see one anywhere under the front end. Is it on the back side of the axle cause it was pouring out this morning when I was looking undrer the truck(pretrip inspection) and I didn't see it.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
86 that last thing. I found it. :doh:

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on the back side.... but Im unsure if the d50 TTBs had them. I would go look at mine since its not rainging but its at the shop after a little boo-boo on my part.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
D50's OBS don't have a track bar

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I know that but thanks for the info on the d-50 anyway. I have an f-350 one ton. I was just plain blind or stupid this morning. I had to replace every single steering part on the truck. The drag link(both ends) and the tierod ends(long and short). Steers like a dream now. Crap forgot paper with measurements out in garage. I will go out and get it in a few minutes. The boss says dinner is ready. You know how that goes.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Where exacty do you need measurements from? I have a bare frame. But do you need from the crossmember to the center of the bolt hole in the shackle or what?

Here are some pics. the end of the tape is at the crossmember and it appears to be 18 3/8" to the center of the shackle bolt
DSC00304.JPG

DSC00305.JPG

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry about that. I need from frame rail to frame rail.

those measurements will also help out, thanks brad

after a little run in with a dakota the front of my frame is tweaked a little bit.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
sorry about that. I need from frame rail to frame rail.

those measurements will also help out, thanks brad

after a little run in with a dakota the front of my frame is tweaked a little bit.
AWW damn Rob !!

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all the pics I have of it makes it look like theres more damage then what there is. fenders and hood can be saved, I need a new core support, rad, a/c condenser. . . . lights.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I'll see if i can get some pics and measurements in the AM

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Inside of the frame from steering box mounting position...to...straight across = 30 1/4

Inside the frame from the bumper bracket ....to.....bumper bracket = 33 3/4
DSC00307.JPG

DSC00308.JPG

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Inside of the frame from steering box mounting position...to...straight across = 30 1/4

Inside the frame from the bumper bracket ....to.....bumper bracket = 33 3/4
View attachment 12911

View attachment 12912
thank you thank you thank you.

means I can get some more work done to the truck.

for the measurement at the steering box thats on the outside of the box?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any major difference between the front clip (core support) on a f-150 and a 250? I have seen some say its for a diesel, but if there isnt much difference then I could modfy it since I found a deal on a front clip.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
The diesel core support is much taller. I just put a new one in my truck back in January. The section that sits between the frame rails is much deeper than a gas job.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
We couldn't even find one aftermarket from anywhere. That was through my buddies body shop. we ended up getting one form ford. It cost almost 500 bucks and that was the shops cost.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
theres a local southern trucks place by me that deals with alot of ford parts, so I guess Ill be stoping by there tomorrow

1 - 20 of 27 Posts