Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the stock stuff all pulled out and was switching sensors over and I've got two that are cross-threaded in the old pipe. I guess the previous owner had a delete as well...

The rear-most EGT probe I got out but the threads are real tore up. I don't think a die will save it. And the metal nipple for the pressure sensor I can't even get out of the old pipe it's so bad.

The local Ford doesn't have any EGT probes in stock and doesn't even show in his computer that stupid pressure sensor nipple.

Can I just plug the bungs in the new pipe, plug the sensors in and zip tie them out of the way for now? If so, what size bolt will plug it or are there any stores that carry bung plugs?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I was able to save the EGT probe (got a little more motivated after I found out what they cost!). I got the ok from Spartan to just zip-tie the pressure sensor to the frame rail. Cranked and it seems to work fine. I'll go test drive when this tornado warning goes away.

Do any of the sponsors sell a plug for the pressure sensor bung?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
a blot from the hardware store would work?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Spartan and Mick said it was a funky size. I'll try the local fasten-all next week but wouldn't mind ordering one.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I broke one of my sensors in half when removing it. Luckily it had just enough threads to start and hold. Putting it back in the dbf will be something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts