Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I still play with trucks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I am sure this has been talked about some where, but i could not find it.

I am about to leave on a 2500 mile road trip and i want to hard wire a radar detector. I want the detector to automatically power on when the truck turns on. Is there a certain wire i should tap into, or just look around?

I also have a H&S Mini max. I have it wired in, but the wire i found (following the instructions (at least i tried)) lead me to always hot wire.

Random ?
What is the service interval for the fuel filter?

Thanks, guys.

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Ignition wire that signals a relay to give power. Stereo key on wire works too. Just use something that turns on when the keys on only.

·
I still play with trucks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not tested this, but are the cigar lighters and power (port) alway hot?

·
I still play with trucks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is an upfitter switch?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Or you could just tap into a fuse with a tap connector that is key on hot, it should be a short run. Just make sure you fuse protect it the fuse is normally in the part that goes into the cigar lighter port.

·
I still play with trucks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been looking more and researching more and I believe I will use my upfitter switches (assuming if I have them switched on they will turn off when car is off)
Anyone know that?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Fuel filters- 10k. I'd go with what shane said, stereo wire. I'd hate to use an upfitter switch just for a radar.

·
I still play with trucks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate getting Derek feedback because of the sensing wire. This has happened to me on my other trucks.

Aux 4 will be my high idle mod :). Btw what rpm is that at?
Aux 3 will be my radar detector and h&s mini max
Aux 2 ??? I need ideas :)
Aux 1 ??? I need ideas :)

I might add some driving lights for 1 switch and bed lights for another???

What else do people use these for?

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Beacon lights, buggy whips, work lights, nitrous power, nitrous purge power, water meth. Can be used for whatever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts