Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2002 intake/exhaust/BTS/Cales tunes

My up pipes are leaking and figured now is a good time to upgrade the turbo along with the pipes. I do have the PMR rods and eventually will build the engine for my 600hp goal.

Could I get away with a 4294 on stock injetion or what would I need to change the injectors to? I would like to do my turbo once if I can and if need be up the injectors.

If I cant spool the 4294 with stock injection what size would I need that would still be ok with the PMR's until I build the block? Any other needed parts to support the 4294?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I think h e is going to be doing a full build on the engine but wants to be able to start buying parts in stages and be able to use them on his current setup admittedly very very detuned. That is what I get from his post at least.

·
MINK
1,049 Posts
i got that too...i have no trust in pmrs...some go some hold, there's really no telling...id hate to see him destroy his current motor and have to purchase another

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think h e is going to be doing a full build on the engine but wants to be able to start buying parts in stages and be able to use them on his current setup admittedly very very detuned. That is what I get from his post at least.
You are correct. I am wanting to buy up parts in stages. My up pipes are leaking and the turbo is a little worn so I was thinking of upgrading.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Thats about the same goal I have 500-600 range. I will be doing a engine swap. What would I need to run 42r (4294) is there special adapters?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yes you need a T4 kit or [email protected]'s adapter kit.. Not sure when the latter will be ready. You will need to call. For a standard t4 kit Empire has them listed or you can use a hypermax kit with a swamps adapter.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could I get away with a 4294 on stock injetion or what would I need to change the injectors to?

If I cant spool the 4294 with stock injection what size would I need that would still be ok with the PMR's until I build the block? Any other needed parts to support the 4294?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will the H2E kit adapt to a GT4294?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Will the H2E kit adapt to a GT4294?
Yes but you will need a adapter plate that Swamps makes. If you have some time Daivd of DI is coming out with a kit to mount it to the factory position. If that is ready when I finally get ready to do this upgrade that is what I think I will go with. Seems like a slick setup.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea I just can't wait for his kit to come out. I am making the move to Denver at the end of June and need my leakiness and turbo figured out. I think I am leaning towards an H2E and 200/30 injectors from Swamps until I get my PMR's replaced. What do yall think?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I think you would be fine with the 4294. Are you going journal or ball bearing? You might want one of the smaller exhaust housings to start with, 1.01 but a larger one may be needed with your 600hp injectors, 1.15 or 1.28. Or you could add a waste gate.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Eh I think the 4294 is out for now. Seriously leaning towards Swamps 200/30's and a H2E...from yall's experience is this a safe combo?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Its in the tuning.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts