Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am thinking about the PHP rolback cause im still runing the VXBC9 stratgey which is the heat inductive. i have been serching the forum about the rollback and im getting mixed feelings about it. my stragety also does not cycle the VGT. on here they say that if i do we do the rollback it wont matter cause i have the SCT.. is this true?? also another question if i rollback to an old stragety will i be able to do the piolt injection? On PHP website they say they rollback the ecm, tcm, and ficm... so what bout the pcm? or am i missing something..

Thanks,
Rick

·
professional slacker
632 Posts
I asked the same question on the PHP forum and they told me that if I run a tuner it is not really nesessary......

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the vgt cycle and heat inductive? is all that done with the SCT also?

·
professional slacker
632 Posts
Heat induction is in the FICM.....the VGT cycle is in the ECU and I believe it can be programed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the rollback is beneficial but understand if you have any weak injectors the rollback will make them known on cold starts. The newer strategies are good at hiding them. Once you replace the weak ones it will start great and is definitely more peppy

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got all injectors replaced and new ficm... but I want to get rid of the heat induction but I want the vgt cycle and pilot injection

·
Registered
47 Posts
the pcm is the same thing as ecm. powertrain control/engine control

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pilot injection causes injector problems, I just did the PHP rollbacks without inductive heating and cold starts are fine(19 degree coolant temp this morning).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i thought heat induction was bad for the injectors not pilot injection

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
pilot injection is bad for injectors... pilot injection makes multiple shots per cycle...the 6.0 injector is a single shot injector... therefore the injector cant handle it. Inductive heating splashed oil in the top of the injector before start up to heat the oil not so much bad for the injector as it is for the FICM. Slight inductive heating is okay, the newer flashes lay it on heavy and kill FICM's.. Inductive heating is in the FICM flash

The FICm flash is where all your power and mpg is lost because the newer programs limit injection timing. Flash back, no need to change the PMC tuning.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k thanks thats what i needed to know...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts