Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any advice on how to get the jake brake working again on a C-12 CAT 425hp it's in a 98 Pete 385 day cab or what else I can check? I was hoping to find a blown fuse or breaker for the switch but no luck engine brake always worked and suddenly stopped.

I'm thinking an electrical issue since I ran empty with it off in the rain last week and it's been out since and our shop is just too busy to deal with it. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
The solenoid wire could of came unplug inside of the valve cover. Where are located at in Pa? It sounds like it might be a wiring problem or a wire came unpluged.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I don't know what kind of truck it is but some trucks have 2 clutch switches. There is one at the top of the stroke and when it is released the Jake and cruise will disengage. Also make sure the brake switch isn't slightly pressed. These are the most common area's for no jake/cruise control.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The solenoid wire could of came unplug inside of the valve cover. Where are located at in Pa? It sounds like it might be a wiring problem or a wire came unpluged.
Ok, thanks I was hoping for a simple fix like that! I thought it might be a wire or plug and I'm just outside of Gettysburg Pa.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know what kind of truck it is but some trucks have 2 clutch switches. There is one at the top of the stroke and when it is released the Jake and cruise will disengage. Also make sure the brake switch isn't slightly pressed. These are the most common area's for no jake/cruise control.
:whs: Could be what ford_trck said also. Didn't think of it till he said it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cruise control works fine but did recently have the brake switch replaced for not tripping the low air warning. I didn't have a problem with the Jake after the switch was replace but will check that too. Thanks!

I pull a dry bulk tanker and gross in the 77-78K range loaded so the Jake is big help.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Otherwise if you have the program CAT Electronic Technician you can go into one of the status screens and see if the ecm is getting the signal for the cruise control.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Otherwise if you have the program CAT Electronic Technician you can go into one of the status screens and see if the ecm is getting the signal for the cruise control.
I think we might have that but will find out, were just backed up with trucks that are acually broke and since I'm not it's not really a priority. Thanks for the advice.

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
I'd look closely at the clutch switch, had the jake stop on my truck a few years back and thats what it ended up being.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just wondering what you found wrong with your jakes JD F350.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I pull a dry bulk tanker and gross in the 77-78K range loaded so the Jake is big help.
I used to do that too ! 80-83K here tho . Check the brake switch,clutch switches, pull a Vc and check that too. Might flip the switch and check it with a test light.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wondering what you found wrong with your jakes JD F350.
Sorry I didn't update this, It was the brake switch that was just replaced and slightly out of adjustment. Thanks again for the reply's and ideas!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts