Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have an 05 f250 6.0 powerstroke- 205k miles. i just recently replaced the stc fitting(like 2 weeks ago) the first time i tore into it i must not have lined up the fitting correctly because it wouldnt idle worth a crap and would almost die at idle. tore into it a second time and this time tighten down the pump and fitting to torque specs and then tightened the jam nut on the stc fitting(what a pain to get a wrench on) last. reassembled everything started up and drove it since christmas eve with no issues, however, today as i was coming up on the exit ramp of the highway and i starrted to brake it did almost the same hesitation as the idling issue i had but didnt even try to keep going. died as i was going around the clover leaf. i pulled over, checked fuses and electrical connections under the hood and all it would do is crank, and it probably would have cranked til the batteries were dead if i had let it. i sat on the side of the road for maybe a half hour or so. pulled out my sct tuner to check for codes and heres what i had: 1) p0046("turbo/speed charger boost control solenoid A ckt range/performance") 2) p0470 ("exhaust pressure A CKT") and 3)p0113 ("intake air temp(IAT) s1 ckt high input"). im really hoping its not the stc fitting still i really dont want to tear into it for that again. IPR screen did not appear to be damaged either time i had it off. i dont have any software that i can hook my truck to computer as it shows in youtube videos, is there any affordable software out there a guy could purchase for personal use? any/ all help is greatly appreciated, my wife already hates this truck enough i really rather not take it back to the dealership again.

and heres the short but expensive list or mods/repairs so far:

repairs:
*8 new injectors new stand pipes and dummy plugs installed by dealership- about a year and a half ago
*8 new glow plugs-same as injectors
*glow plug module- same as injectors
*fuel sending unit- same as injectors
*FICM replaced by me anout a month before injectors
*turbo replaced by dealership about a month and a half ago
*batteries replaced by me anout 2 months ago
*STC fitting- replaced by me about 2 weeks ago

mods:
afe stage 2 cold air intake
sct tuner
MBRP 4" turbo back straight pipe exhaust

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Those codes will not stop it from starting, scan it again and make sure there are not any more codes before you go any further.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Check your fuel pressure then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts