Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2001 7.3, and I'm looking to give it a little kick in the pants. I'm new to diesels, so bare with me.

From the little bit of research that I've done, this is the list that I've compiled to fit my budget.

1. Fuel Rail Crossover
2. Bosch 17 HPOP
3. 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
4. S&b CAI
5. Stage 1.5 180cc Full Force Injectors
6. PHP Hydra Chip
7. Garret GTP38 Compressor Wheel

What am I missing? Is there anything on that list that I don't need, or should replace with something else? Also, any opinions on DPI, or boost foolers?

I'll be dealing with the trans, and turbo replacement in a year or so.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2001 7.3, and I'm looking to give it a little kick in the pants. I'm new to diesels, so bare with me.

From the little bit of research that I've done, this is the list that I've compiled to fit my budget.

1. Fuel Rail Crossover

2. Bosch 17 HPOP

3. 4" Turbo Back Exhaust

4. S&b CAI

5. Stage 1.5 180cc Full Force Injectors

6. PHP Hydra Chip

7. Garret GTP38 Compressor Wheel

What am I missing? Is there anything on that list that I don't need, or should replace with something else? Also, any opinions on DPI, or boost foolers?

I'll be dealing with the trans, and turbo replacement in a year or so.

What you have is fine...

2.Hpop - dieselsite or cncfab. Both are awesome!

7.gtp38r (with an r). If you get upgrade your turbo accordingly, don’t upgrade injectors.

I highly recommend at least upgrading your jw valve body if transmission wi be done later.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Don’t worry about # while you really should be worrying about a new transmission with 180 injectors. If that’s all you care for right now, you need to go back to the drawing board or do more reading and be well rounded 7.3 wise.

Google 7.3 180/30 hp and the worlds your oyster.

—————signature—————

·
143 Posts
With the single shots you probably dont need the HPOP. Is the current one weak? With proper tuning you dont need
boost foolers.

How many miles on the current motor?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
With the single shots you probably dont need the HPOP. Is the current one weak? With proper tuning you dont need

boost foolers.

How many miles on the current motor?

Negative. Boost fooler is needed. Programming can’t override the map sensor. Anything over 22-23psi and the map sensor will throw a cell and defuel IIRC.

—————signature—————

·
Project Shamu
2,417 Posts
​ DieselDC;6157889 said:
Negative. Boost fooler is needed. Programming can’t override the map sensor. Anything over 22-23psi and the map sensor will throw a cell and defuel IIRC.

—————signature—————
Programming overode my map sensor defueling, but mines an OBS, dunno if its different.

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
​ DieselDC;6157889 said:

—————signature—————
My light doesn't come on tell I'm over 28 psi. On my php and my SDK tunes.

Look into kc turbos for your turbo parts.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My light doesn't come on tell I'm over 28 psi. On my php and my SDK tunes.

Look into kc turbos for your turbo parts.

I have both a kcturbo stg2 and the dieselsite. Php hydra with beans, php, (forgot name of other dudes) tunes and each truck defueled around 20-25psi. Boost fooler took care of each truck.

—————signature—————

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
I don’t defuel just an annoying light.

·
143 Posts
My Gear Head tunes will ramp up to 25lbs easy. I try not to let it get that high with stock top end.

No light, obvious no defueling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts