Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, what should I do. Im gonna put a suncoast in it and do studs egr delete and all. but stompted after that on what to do. Now this will be a street driven truck so thats what im a little hesitant on the single I dont know how laggy it will be! Ill most likely do a s372 from MPD. I just dont want all the other goodies you gotta get to run a 475, plus I dont need an 11 second truck. What would you all do? obviously a nitrous set up will be cheaper and im thinking same hp gain, but along with a single comes more smoke and sounds wayyyy better!

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Well there are a few choices singles with tight housings or you can get some compounds from elite which will spool better than stock. Have you thought about the 71mm atmo from Elite?

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
with either you wont be able to run at the buck. i say neither. stick a batmo wheel in. a serious tune. traction bars. ive been hearing and reading your one of the faster trucks at the buck. i say keep up what your doing and show them boys up there whos boss.:ford:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cody, been thinking spray because Ill have a low 12 high 11s truck when I want and ill have a normal 6.4 any other time lol I know a single would be sick and fastest "stockish" truck around my parts without a doubt, but with spray i can be the same and have the choice to run it or not run it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and woodboy im gonna stick with MPD stuff they are right down the road and I wanna show local support, not often you got local shops doing big things. Im lucky I have innovative and MPD in my back yard so im going to take advantage of it. and If i stick with my stock turbos im def going to run a batmowheel

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Built trans, studs, EGR cooler delete, CAC pipe, intake elbow, ported fuel rails, 71mm low pressure Elite turbo, and good tuning will net you low 12's in an EC/SB with some weight taken out. And you could daily drive it like that with stock like spool up, less smoke, and lower EGT's.

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
yeah i understand. and i know alot of people spray. but i still think it weakens your motor, and i feel that at anytime it can make something serious go wrong. where exatly do you live? i know your friends with logan, he lives out by me.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
just ported fuel rails no nozzles or anything?
I went [email protected] in my CC/SB at 7600 lbs last April at ZMax Dragway. It was a fuel only run (that I have gotten a lot of grief over). Mods were:

Spartan 310, Spartan TCM, 4" downpipe and 5" exhaust, AFE intake, fully built SunCoast transmission, Air Dog II DF-165 (fuel bowl still intact), EGR cooler delete, CFM+ intake elbow, ported fuel rails, CalTracs traction bars, 31.5" Toyo Proxes (street tires), and my truck was lowered and well under weight for a typical crew cab....although it was pretty easy to get down to 7600 lbs. Oh yeah, stock turbos, injectors, and HPFP.

Here is the time slip:

With your truck being an EC/SB, running low 12's on fuel should be easy at sea level.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeff which nozzles do you run 30% or 60% and how much more does it smoke compared to stock? I dont mind alot of smoke ;) lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well you dont have nozzles but wonder what it would be like run 30% nozzles and ported rails. And do you have to run the air dog 165? If I can get low 12s with stock turboes and no nitrous that's where id love to be

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
If you run 30% nozzles, you're going to need a wastegate and the Air Dog with the fuel bowl delete from Elite. If you run 60% nozzles you are going to need the above and at least a modded HPFP.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i love my s472 (72/83/.9ar) and im still on stock fuel with the hot damn/kem 310 tune, do need a custom tune and trying to get some idp tunes now, but i went 7.84 at 88mph with a 1.71 sixty with the 72 and suncoast hd midstall converter, still stock tranny and studs, and i weigh 8100lbs before i went 8.27 at 84 with the same sixty and same weight

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What I really would like is to get down to low 12s high 11s on stock turbos. I race my truck on a dirt drag and I need stock turbos but can run modded fuel. So talking with mike at MPD I think he might have some ideas on what I need to get me where I wanna on just fuel mods. Ill post some videos of the drag races on dirt they are fun as hell.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts