Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 1996 f-350 7.3 cc 4x4 psd obs. I have a ts porformance 6 way chip right now. With 5" exhaust semi stacks stage 3 k&n air intake. I want stage one injectors and maybe different tunes. Just to get some more power I want never out run these new trucks unless I hit the lotto. So why spend all that money its just a toy. But who has the best and cheepest injectors and should I get different tunes? If so ts said they dont have different tunes so what do I do? or where do I go? thanks :ford::psn:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If it is a TS chip it can be reburned by many vendors with tuning more specific to what you have (or will have ... Tony Wildman, Beans, Swamps, DP Tuner, PHP, Gearhead, etc). Same for injectors (Beans, Swamps, Full Force, Rosewood, etc). Definitely get your chip reburned for bigger injectors. You will probably want to go with something better for your HPOP to support the injectors as well. Cheers!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much is stage 1 injectors and a hpop?
I see people typing 15* hpop and 17* hpop what is that and which one do I need?
Keep in mind I dont want to spend to much. I just want a little more power.
and how much would it be to reburn my ts chip.

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you're looking for a little more HP on a budget, consider some Stage 1 injectors from Rosewood Diesel. I wouldn't do the hpop until after you have the injectors installed... the hpop you have might work just fine.

Reburns typically run $25-75 per tune depending on the tuner & the tunes.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Forgot to add, your stock hpop is a 15 degree. Ford switched to the 17 degree pumps in late 99. The 17 flows more oil than the 15.

IMO one of the best values in an aftermarket performance pump is the t500
from Terminator Engineering... +/- $400.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My opinion on power-- it is good. LOL

Although they set me back $1600 or so (3 yrs ago), the AC injectors were the best money I've spent on the truck so far. Very smooth running and all the fuel I'll need for what I do with the truck.

X2 on a decent oil pump that will keep up-- there are some good deals today. My used $200 termy modded 17* still delivers 3K psi with no complaint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is ac injectors and what is a termy modded pump
and I understand the idm but not the ccv?

I called rosewood today about there budget injectors I just hate to not have the injectors completey rebuilt, but very helpful guys and anwsered alot of questions for me!

I know what I want now, besides of where to get the injectors?

Im going to find me a used 17*hpop from the local yunk yard. from jan 1999 - 2003
stage one injectors, get my ts chip reburned!!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
AC code injectors were installed in a few T444E high output navistar applications for a few years. You can still buy them brand new today. In terms of PSD injs, they are stage 1's (160cc) and will make 350-400hp with the necessary turbo, oil, fuel system, tuning mods. My dyno pull was on a stock turbo, stock fuel system and an evo tuner.

My hpop is a modified 17* pump from Terminator Eng. CCV is the crank breather mod-- it keeps the oil out of the CAC plumbing but is stinky... if I can find a good deal on a filter, I plan to get one some day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rosewood budget injectors are 155cc stage 1 and he said there anywhere from $ 500-1295 depends on what shape my injectors are in... but $1600 is alot of money.

thanks, but what route should I take, yall know more about injectors then I do. Thats a big investment so I want to choose good injectors

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
injectors
gauges (watch your EGTs)
reburn your chip
inercooler
hpop if you need it

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
X2....plus if you have a auto you will need to upgrade it and add a cooler..We can get you setup wwith everything needed..PM if I can help.

Cary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts