Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm running 295/75R/16 BFG/AT's and not sure what I want.

Would like a tall narrow tire...have 4.10 gears with the diesel...

Sort of thinking about going with BFG/MT TAKM2's in LT255/85R16/E as that's the only tire I can find that's tall and skinny...

ut might go with Big O tires in 285/75R16

Need to get em before it snows again....was a real pain this last snow...skidding all over...have a detroit locker...and almost bald tires...

Thoughts?????

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Haven't tried the KM2s in the snow yet but will here in a few months. Last winter I ran a set of 285/75-16r Trxus M/Ts with 40% tread or less & it surprised me how well they did. Wouldn't run em again but they did me good all winter. Also had good luck with the old Goodyear MTRs even though they were a mud terrain.

Have you looked into the Goodyear dura tracks yet Ramp? Come in a lot of sizes, get good tread life, have great reviews & are reasonably priced. If I was going out to buy a brand new tire that would be one of my top choices.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truck came with Goodyear's and I must have had 3-4 flat tires in less than 6 months...said never again & went to BFG/MT's & when they wore out went to BFG/AT's...

Have never had a single issue or problem with the BFG's & at one time did tons of off roadding, but not so much any more. But we do get some snow/ice in the winter (already had 7 inches of snow) have been thinking if I go with the BFG/MT TAKM2's in LT255/85R16/E's I'll have them sipped for better ice traction as we don't get all that much real deep snow...it normally blows away...

Who else makes a 255/85R-16, they are hard to find....

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I was running 285s BFG ATs and they performed great last year in the ice and snow. The only problem was fuel mileage, never got out of the 14s. Switched to Firestone Destinations in 285 and my fuel mileage jumped back to the 17s AND they seem to perform better around the house.

There were several place on the property that I would have to go into 4x4 with the BFGs or the truck would spin, in those same places with the Firestones the truck just goes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
cooper makes a 255/85/16 as does toyo.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cooper makes a 255/85/16 as does toyo.
Shop I went to told me Cooper did not make em in 255...they recommended 285's at the biggest/tallest as my 295's are to big for the rims...did not know about Toyo, will be doing a tad more research on this....

Will be getting the truck back shortly after having a Valair clutch installed & will go to a couple other tire shops & see what they have to say about the tires..

Really thinking the 255/18R/16's are how I want to go....

·
Registered
106 Posts
cooper st's not sts's

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drove all over town looking at tires..

Short Story...Big O lied...no such tire size as 255/85/16 then after looking and looking...found one only and it's a Big O...so they really pushed the Big O store brand....they are made by cooper and just as good as Cooper...better than BFG....

Everybody else said with the F250 go with the BFG/MT's and to not sipe the new MT design....better built..better design and tread...

Heck if I know what I'll do now.....:doh::doh::doh::doh:

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Pick a good 285 of your choice & call it a day.

·
Registered
702 Posts
cooper st in 255, bfg km2 in 255, toyo m55 255, toyo open country mt in 255, maxxis bighorn in 255,

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Need to order the tires soon.....snow is in the forecast this week...

Been bouncing between the BFG/MT KM2's with the center 2 lugs sipped, the Toyo M55's or the the Cooper ST's......:doh::doh::doh::doh:

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I'd take the BFGs or Toyos over the Coopers.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd take the BFGs or Toyos over the Coopers.
That's what all the tire dealers round here have said...

Also been told the M55's are not all that and a slice of lemon by guys that sell em...and they are more expensive than the BFG's.....

Guess by eliminating all the options I'm left to go with the BFG's....

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I run the KM2s on the 00, haven't had a chance to try em off road or in the snow though. I will warn you that they feel loose/squishy till they get some miles on em & break in.

·
Registered
702 Posts
what kind of mileage are you seeing CAT REBEL

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SIgh....nobody could get the KM2's in 255, they are just not avaible at all...and no idea how long of a wait...discount tires was saying they show having some on order for over 2 months...and not gotten any...

Ended up saying the hell with it...and went with 285/75r16 BFG/AT's....right now running BFG/AT's in 295/75r16 and the 285's were a little cheaper and they could get em tomorrow or Wed so that's what I went with...

Discount tire also has this certificate of replacement of some kind they're trying like hell to get us to get...never needed to replace any of the BFG's before...don't think I'll get the certificate...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts