Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i need tires and i have Bfg all terrains on the f350 right now. i think these tires suck. just my luck i always end up with a set on different trucks i end up buying. every set end up dry rot cracking WAY too early and then ending up with multiple blow outs. ive purchased problably 10 sets of nitto terra grapplers and im very happy with the tire for price,wear,looks, ride, etc... i can deal with the noise but i hear the mud grapplers are just as good just noisy and i can still pull trailers...i would like a more aggresive look so im leaning towards the mud grapplers but its still my tow vehicle. i considered Toyo with there open country a/t and m/t but toyos end up costing way too much.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
I would go with mud grapplers. i don't think they would be loud enough to get on your nerves or anything and you can stil tow with them and would definitely give an aggressive look..

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wouldn't go with the mud grapplers. I've known a few buddies who have ran them and have only seen about 20k miles on a set. But that's just what I've heard. How about the toyo mt's??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i purchase all my tire from discount tire online and i havent found anyone else on the internet or anyone local in town that could come close to discounts prices since everyone locally doesnt want to sell you the tires unless they mount and balance themselves... discount doesnt sell toyo which i think is stupid since toyo/nitto is the same company. i priced out toyos and they cost a lot more by the time im done... im not REALLY worried about the milage out of the tires too much...only reason i say that is i dont drive the truck too much unless i need to pull a trailer, go to the dump, etc. if i got 20-25 out of the mud grapplers i wouldnt be too mad. ive heard complaints about poor milage also but have seen plenty of reviews saying the opposite claiming more than 25k. im still not sure.

·
Who said that?
41 Posts
Have you looked at Nitto Trail Grapplers...fairly new tire. More aggresive than the Terra, not as crazy as the mud grapplers. I've had a set for a few months now. They're wearing well and aren't too loud.

·
Winners never quit!
502 Posts
I love my Toyo open country AT's, only have 2,000 miles on them but a good tire.. Another good choice is Pro comp At's or any of pro comps tires for that matter, very competitive pricing and they have some nice deals every few months.
Imo I would stray away from mud grapplers, I believe theyre one of the LOUDEST tire out there... Known more than a few ppl who've had them and you can hear them roaring a mile away, just not my cup of tea there..

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I would go with mud grapplers. i don't think they would be loud enough to get on your nerves or anything and you can stil tow with them and would definitely give an aggressive look..
Have you ever driven a truck with them any distance?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, terra grapplers are wicked...

i considered trail grapplers but they dont have them in my size...315/75/16

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
im on my 3rd set of mud grapplers and i love them with a passion i have never been stuck with them and ive seen some pretty nasty roads as i work in the oilfield and i also have to drive alot about 30k a year and i get 30k out of them. you do have to rotate them often like every 3k and i dont mind the howl just crank the tunes man. and they are cheaper than those crappy toyos

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I don't have any complaints with my Terra Grapplers. We hardly got any snow this year so I really don't have any feed back other than dd. From the snow that we had though, they did pretty well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im on my 3rd set of mud grapplers and i love them with a passion i have never been stuck with them and ive seen some pretty nasty roads as i work in the oilfield and i also have to drive alot about 30k a year and i get 30k out of them. you do have to rotate them often like every 3k and i dont mind the howl just crank the tunes man. and they are cheaper than those crappy toyos
ill be happy as hell if i can get 30k out of the tires... i think mud grapplers it is...

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Last 2 sets of Mud Grapplers I saw didn't last 20k miles & couldn't hook for sh!t on pavement. I love the looks of em, but can't stand the noise, handling, or how fast they wear out. Other problem is how heavy they are, they will weigh an extra 20-50lbs a tire then something else the same size.

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
Maxxis Buckshot mudders are a bad choice too...tryin to find a new set of tires myself.
LOL LOL

anyone who thinks those mud grapplers howl need to try a set of buckshots, you can hear them bastards for a mile out howlin

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
Get what you want but I just bought tires last week and I can recommend the MT Baja Claw Radial over the procomp extreme At or whatever it is. Ive heard from two seperate sources who claimed they got over 50k out of them with rotations. I dig em and the road noise isnt bad at all. The Mud Grapplers are cool looking. Thats all Ill say. The TSL boggers are cool LOOKING too. As are Groundhawg mudders. They arent worth a squirt of coon piss when you're moving though. If you do ten or less a year get the mud grapplers but jesus man the trail grappler would be a better tire from Nitto. Or even the bfg mt.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have run several set of terra's and they are a good road tire with occasional off road work. I have a set on my f150 now. They suck in the mud and are not great in the snow. Good in the rain though. I just switched to Wrangler MTR with Kevlar and really like them. They are a bit louder than a terra but its one, possibly two bumps to the stereo and you are fine. It's barely noticable but I will point it out. So far I have towed on the MTR-K and they worked great, were good in the snow and rain. Other than the noise I would recommend them over the terra in every way. Being down in Florida mud I would really stay away from the terra.

I have also had a set of Mud Terrains and they are an EXCELLENT off road tire. One of the better I have used. They don't air down real low well but they grab well at higher psi so it isn't an issue. They also suck the most massive ass on the road. You will not be able to talk on a phone, have a coherent thought or get them to balance without four pounds in each tire.

If i was in your shoes, I would look at these
Nitto Trail Grappler
Goodyear MTR Kevlar
Goodyear Dura trac (great in the snow and ice if you head north)
BFG KM2

Micky

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
any places online to get a deal on toyo open country m/t

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am on my 2nd set of Terra Grapplers. Once these wear out, imma prly get another set of them.

They are good on dry roads, rain, deep snow, but they fill up quick in mud.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts