Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Toyota Geek
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fuel pump is looking like a leaker. so my question to you pros is what the route for me when i replace my fuel pump. i ran a quick search but didn't come up with much. just looking for companies and prices and where to buy.

-drew

·
Toyota Geek
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that the company that makes them or is it just the kind of fuel pump i want to go with. and do any of the vendors here sell these types of fuel pumps.

-drew

·
Registered
797 Posts
If you just want to replace the mechanical pump, go to Autozone or Advance Auto or whoever your favorite parts store is...the mechanical pumps are supposedly all made by Carter, doesn't matter who rebrands them and sells them as their own.

Electric fuel refers to a complete replacement of the fuel pump/filter system...everything that's on the engine side of the tank selector valve. Most of us make our own, using a SD electric pump, a couple of filter bases and filters, and an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, plus a few miscellaneous fittings. Mine cost less than $300.

Or you can buy the systems from Beans or Swamps, they're around a grand I believe.

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
I got a mechanical pump if you want to just replace it and do the electric later.

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
You can do a basic electric system fairly inexpensive, and after yankin out my mechanical pump today... not super thrilled with the constuction, since the plunger part snaped off on removal.
Is it your mech pump thats leaking or the Fuel Pressure Regulator on the side of your fuel bowl? cause thats what it was on mine, and after 4 o-rings I called it quits an assembled a E-fuel system thats currently being put in :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts