Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pull some pretty heavy loads with my 450 and i am looking for some more powa. I have the edge evolution in it now. I know I know aint worth a chit, but i like being able to see all my egt,boost,oil temp all in one little unit. I have done the turbo. I just want more pulling power. What do you recommend? I thought about sending my edge into PHP for some better tunes but will i see any power improvements between the 2 for a fairly stock truck. I dont want injectors my egts are already enough pulling.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a tuner out there other than PHP that has a monitor that has boost,egt,oil temp?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any specific brands? I dont need race tune i just need a really good tow tune for oh say like 40000 lbs gross! :evil

·
Registered
686 Posts
Any specific brands? I dont need race tune i just need a really good tow tune for oh say like 40000 lbs gross! :evil
I had Wildman tunes before and they were great. Egt'S never over 1000 with my stock injectors in my tow tunes. Now I have Beans tunes with my stage 2's and only see 1100 in my tow tune with my foot all the way in it:evil

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so for those of you that pull who makes THE BEST tow tune for heavy hauls?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Put thedge in stock setting, ad a chip from
Di,dp,tw,bts,bean,gearhead,swamps any one will be great.

Ask php if that is the edge that can be tuned.

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
I'd send the edge to PHP and get some of his tunes put on it

·
brandon
778 Posts
You should get a banks!!:hehe::doh:

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
Stg. 1's, just for the single shot(small boost in power and mileage), and PHP tunes, and water injection with a BIIIIIGGG tank...

If I were towing a lot, that would be my setup....

·
Registered
700 Posts
Check out dp don't know about others but dp has a bunch of tow tunes and great customer servive. I have an auto and i tow 743 bobcat on a 16ft drag i know it don't hold a match to what your towing but i love the 60 horse tow tune huge difference. just my .02

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had DI tunes on my early 99 550 with a 38R, and they worked out great.
Plenty of powa!
Just horrible MPG's! (thanks to the 4:88 gearing, not the tuning)
I think the choices back then were....DI, TS, Bills chips, Western Diesel, and some others I cant remember right now.

Im going to try Swamps tuning on my 250 here real soon...

Then Im assuming Ill want their tuning on my 450 as well....

If I wasnt on a tight budget Id like to try a set of single shots w/ tuning from Swamps.....I think thatd be the best way to see a real increase in MPG's

Do you live near or drive by any of the popular tuners?
Maybe use that as the deciding factor....

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Swamps tow tune is awesome, shifting is perfect, I have a hard time busting 1300 deg. when towing 15k with 238's and 100% nozzle. And we have some pretty serious hills here!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.