Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Les Schwab promised me 35's would fit with just a level kit. Not quite. And the truck is not 'level'. I'd like any more height in front, even an inch. It looks like what they did was replace or add a full-length leaf spring to raise the front. Can I simply add blocks under the springs and get longer U-bolts, if I only go up an inch or more??

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
NEVER put any kind of block on the front axle The extra leverage even an inch could cause the block to spit out (yes I have seen it happen). I personaly would sugest an add a leaf or shackle lift. I would need more info to suggest any thing ie current springs, tire brand and size, whats hitting.

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
NEVER put any kind of block on the front axle The extra leverage even an inch could cause the block to spit out (yes I have seen it happen). I personaly would sugest an add a leaf or shackle lift. I would need more info to suggest any thing ie current springs, tire brand and size, whats hitting.
then why do ppl just swap out for the 350 blocks that have 250's:shrug:

ford has stock blocks i just wouldnt recomend any thing over 3.5 inch block

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have Toyo MT's. The rubbing is 95% cured by my modifying the fender. Mostly I just want the look. I have about 9" above tire in front and at least 10" above the back tire. The truck tips noticeably down in front still.

·
Registered
579 Posts
you can take your leafs to a spring shock to have them re-arched, and like they said add a leaf... or if you havent already, try replacing your front shocks, could just be that theyre worn.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Les Schwab promised me 35's would fit with just a level kit. Not quite. And the truck is not 'level'. I'd like any more height in front, even an inch. It looks like what they did was replace or add a full-length leaf spring to raise the front. Can I simply add blocks under the springs and get longer U-bolts, if I only go up an inch or more??
If they added a single leaf, that probably is good for around 1.5". Marginal at best for 35s.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I have three leafs up front with the bottom most being thicker than the other two, and slightly shorter. From underneath the truck the leaf packs appear to be flat except as they near the ends where they bow up slighty.
Are the options, then, to replace one of the thinner ones with another heavy leaf or will they add yet another spring if I want more lift?
I paid about $275 for their 'level kit'. What should I expect?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Unfortunatly a "level kit" isnt always so the kits very in size 1" - 3". IF it rides good I would consider the shackle to give it some more lift. Just remember you have to keep steering geomitry in mind. You may be better off going to a 4" lift kit to clear those tires comfortably.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It rides great. The shackles are $70 and I'm waiting for Warrior to call back to verify they'll work on F350's with level kit. There is a used 4" lift kit for my truck for sale here locally for $400, including shocks. Hmm?

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
if an inch is all you need a block would be fine
NEVER put any block under the front axle. NEVER. You can just do a drop shackle kit (leveling kit). I put a Pro Comp 2" kit in my 02 superduty. It was only 300 and it only took about 6 hours to do with a buddy. And I run 35's, they only rub slightly when I turn completely to the side
And one more thing. NEVER put a block in the front

·
Registered
703 Posts
take the add a leaf out. pro comp make a 2nch kit. its a hanger and shackle. this is what procomp used to make the 6"lift and 8" lift..

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
take the add a leaf out. pro comp make a 2nch kit. its a hanger and shackle. this is what procomp used to make the 6"lift and 8" lift..
Exactly what I'm talking about.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I made some for the wifes X, about 2" longer then stock gets you 1" of lift...

I can make a set for about 10 bucks... but if you copy them, move the 2" stock in the middle to one end (spring end), it cause's interferance with the frame... These were my "proto types" LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
NEVER put any block under the front axle. NEVER. You can just do a drop shackle kit (leveling kit). I put a Pro Comp 2" kit in my 02 superduty. It was only 300 and it only took about 6 hours to do with a buddy. And I run 35's, they only rub slightly when I turn completely to the side
And one more thing. NEVER put a block in the front

i think we were typing at the same time lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts