Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have a 2.5" shackle lift in the front of my truck and its stock in the rear. It has a very noticable bulldog stance to it. With the new tires and wheels on I now want to level the back out. I would like for it to be level as possible and hopefully not higher in the back. I was wondering if the 350 blocks would level it out or if anyone knows of a cheaper option. I can get these from the dealership for a little under 100 bucks and will the U-bolts be able to work with the taller blocks.

I cant post pics of my truck bc I am at work and it wont let me get to photobucket but here is a link to my truck and about 3 pics down you can see the stance.

New Tires and Wheels PICTURES - Powerstroke Nation
Thanks for the input!

If anyone has any spare 350 blocks they want to get rid of that would be nice too!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Measure and see how much you want to go up in the rear. F-350 blocks are 93mm (approx 3 5/8").

I would recommend getting new u-bolts.....and I don't think yours will work.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Measure and see how much you want to go up in the rear. F-350 blocks are 93mm (approx 3 5/8").

I would recommend getting new u-bolts.....and I don't think yours will work.
Where would be the best place to measure from? Bottom of the body behind the front tire then in front of the back maybe?

·
Registered
304 Posts
measure from your reciever to the ground...

then get a floor jack and a level...

set the level on your bed and jack up the rear until you find it level or how you like the looks of it...

re measure the distance and you will have your # when you subtract...

·
Registered
304 Posts
oh yea, jack from the receiver as well so the tires stay on the ground and the body is lifted for full affect...

:blah:

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
That's a lot of effort to figure it out. LOL
Just measure fron the center of the hub to the center of the wheel well front and back...it'll be real easy to see how much it needs to come up to level it out.

·
Registered
304 Posts
been there done that on my OBS ford, doesnt really work IMO, then i did it my way and figued it out. bulldog stance to me seems to happen because the nose of the truck is taller than top of the bed at dead level, so the rear kinda needs a touch more height to "appear" level

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Uhhh...how can it NOT work. It's simple mathmatics.
If the front is 30" and tha rear is 29"....raise the back 1" and it'll be level.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking that was alot of work for a measurement. I will probably end up with a 350 block anyhow. If the 350 block is almost 4" then how tall is a 250 block?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just put airbags on it and make it were you want it!Jesus , ive never heard so much measure this and that and put this hear jack up this! man $150. bucks for air bags and your done! and you can tow some weight! do work son! lol

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
Take a tape measure and measure from the top of the tire to bottom of the fender. Do the same to the rear.....should be a pretty close estimate.

The 350 block is a little over 3" and the 250 block is 1.5" iirc

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Just put airbags on it and make it were you want it!Jesus , ive never heard so much measure this and that and put this hear jack up this! man $150. bucks for air bags and your done! and you can tow some weight! do work son! lol
hes talking about unlaiden height too, and air bags arent going to add height without sacrificing ride quality, i think the 350 block will be perfect, thats what i always suggest to people with 250s to add a 350 block and bolts, the 250 block is 2 1/2 i think...

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
I just put a 4" tall block in the rear of mine and it looks perfect with my 2.5" leveling kit. Rides just a little higher in the rear, maybe like a 1/2". Looks perfect!

-French

·
Registered
68 Posts
hes talking about unlaiden height too, and air bags arent going to add height without sacrificing ride quality, i think the 350 block will be perfect, thats what i always suggest to people with 250s to add a 350 block and bolts, the 250 block is 2 1/2 i think...
Unlaiden? if your putting 350 blocks on a 250 and getting another inch , air bags arnt going to sacrafice the ride .I can air up my ex to get about 3 to 4 inches higher unloaded. but when not towing a trailer i run about 20lbs of air in them and it rides and looks great. And like i said , once the bags are on , if you want to haul a load , you cant pump up blocks, nor do 350 blocks make it a one ton. lol. good lookin rigs on here though guys!This is a very helpfull sight!

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
If you don't want to do a lot of lifting and measuring, then do measuring and math.

Get a 4' level and put it on the bed rail. Raise the end of the level that is low until the bubble shows level. Measure the distance you raised the level at the end and divide that number by 4 to get a distance/per foot. Measure the wheel base (feet, not feet & inches) and multiply by the ft/inch. That is how much it needs to be raised to get a level bed

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Unlaiden? if your putting 350 blocks on a 250 and getting another inch , air bags arnt going to sacrafice the ride .I can air up my ex to get about 3 to 4 inches higher unloaded. but when not towing a trailer i run about 20lbs of air in them and it rides and looks great. And like i said , once the bags are on , if you want to haul a load , you cant pump up blocks, nor do 350 blocks make it a one ton. lol. good lookin rigs on here though guys!This is a very helpfull sight!
Yeah correct with blocks and air bags it wont effect the ride, but if you use the bags to get the hight out of it, with the 250 block it will ride rough, i need to get some bags for my truck, cuz you can put 100 psi in them for pullin:evil:

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Daryl, your truck doesnt need anymore badazzness! lol You gonna be around greenville tonite? Might head that way and check it out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts