Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, long story made as short as I can get it. I bought a set of 180's off of a person on another forum (not bashing) I have had them several months and I believe he had them for a little while too ( again, not bashing) I finally freed up some time to get them put in. First start was rough like usual. Every cold start after that was fine, but when I shut it of warm it wont start for a while, just cranks and cranks and then finally fires. Tore it apart several times convinced that I had done something wrong, never find anything each time. Finally fed up I take it somewhere, where they check over everything and they said it was HPO leak (just as i expected) They put new orings where the oil rail sits onto the injectors, tried a new ipr valve, and put in the upgraded standpipes. What else can cause this problem? Can an injector be the problem? Trucks in sig. And had zero problems before the injector swap.

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I finally got it figured out, I think. I put the stock sticks back in and had the same problem. I then tried a hpop off a spare engine and problem was still there. This led me to assume that I cracked the branch tube somehow. :doh: Anybody else ever do this? Or am I just special? LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts