Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the prolbem i have is oil and what seems to be antifreeze comming out the tail pipe. its not huge amounts but it seems alil concerning

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
EGR cooler failures will do this. It can get bad enough to hydroclock your engine and do all kinds of damage. The EGR cooler usually failes because the oil cooler plugged up. If this is your problem, you need to QUICKLY replace both coolers.

BTW - when coolant and soot mix, it can look like oil in your exhaust system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks, is their any way to check them or should i just replace them? i just put my 5 inch turbo back exhaust on a few days ago. could that have any affect on this issue

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
i just put my 5 inch turbo back exhaust on a few days ago. could that have any affect on this issue
I don't see how it could.

You can pull your EGR Valve and see if there is coolant underneath it in the intake. If there is, you can be sure it is the EGR cooler leaking. Do this test w/ the rear of the truck at a higher elevation than the front (and after taking it for a short drive).

BTW - If I were replacing the EGR cooler, I would install the "bulletproofdiesel" EGR cooler.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
like stated above i would bet its a bad egr cooler and most likely an oil cooler,personally i would replace the oil cooler and delete the egr just my.02

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
let me know if you need naything.... I am right over in Harpers Ferry WV. I just had my gaskets and studs done, the guy did a great job, and is very reasonable, he could help if you need some work done

1 - 10 of 10 Posts