Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 F350 rclb with rust, and i can buy a brand new 2010 lb for CHEAP, i know i've seen a thread with wheather this will fit on my truck or not but can't seem to find it now... Anyone know if this will fit??

Thanks

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
It will fit, buy it ! I have a 03 and just put a 2011 on mine. A 2010 is the same bed back too 99, tail lights will fit, and gate.

Dan

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
A 2011 is a little different, rectangle gas door, and the wheel house opening is different body line wise. If you look at my avatar you can kinda see it, or just chase down a 2011 SD and take a gander at it. it will bolt down, bt the hoses on the filler tube are about a inch short because the gas cap is farther forwad than the 2010 back beds.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Where are you finding beds for cheap? My beds not really rusty at all except the mounts are rotted completely. Would be nice to throw a 2010 on

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
LOL, sounds like the same deal we got going too. I wont say much , just that I got a 2011 for way less than I,d pay for a 2010 new take off. If you can even find a short one. I talked to a guy in Bluffton Ohio, south of me and he said he,s got lots of 8 footers, turned down the shorts, said guy wanted 2500 for them and he doesnt get many calling for them. I think thats BS, I see a lot of shorts on the road, and duallys. I could see there being a abundance of long ones with all the companys putting utility beds on 8 foots trucks anyways. Not sure where they come up with short new take offs. There was a time when we could get them here at the shop dirt freaking cheap, but someone screwed that up and so now we get nothing.

Dan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya dads not tell me much about it either, all i know is i either get a red, black, or white one on monday... i just sign the check haha

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Oh theres places that have them and old ones too. I know of a place alone 23 north of Deleware Ohio that has a lot of new takes offs, but I dont know the name of the place, and we have the guy in Bluffton too. so yeah theres beds out there, problem is they want about 2500 n up for them. We use to buy beds out of Ford for less than a grand most times and some might be slightly higher. I got a brand diggity new one for les than the new take off, so Im willing to put up with the difference in the whell opening and gas door.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah i gotta work on lowering my truck then its time for the bed im hopin it makes it through one more wisconsin winter! Would i be better off just getting a whole new bed or just replacing those channels that mount it to the frame?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts