Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a set of hidaways for my plow truck this winter. I was thinking about 2 in the grill and 2 in either the tails or on the back of my spreader. The only thing is I've never used them before and am pretty clueless in the area, so any reccomendations on kits or anything really would be appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Whelen has a realy well built setup. Come with instructions. Alot of people drill theme into the headlights and tails.

Sent from a Apple

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the whelen vertex LEDS in my tailights and front lights for plowing. I also have some leds in the grille. check out strobes n more.com they have great prices. i can send pictures and a video if you would like

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have one of code 3s kits for nearly 5 years and hasnt missed a beat, its not the cheapest but it is the best considering most law enforcement vehicles use code 3 equipment

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input guys. i was wondering how the install of the strobes is and where are good spots to mount them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have whelen vertex in the clear section of my tailiights. its a little tight but it works great. the front headlights are even easier.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay i was researching more and i think im gonna go with the whelen vertex just because it looks so simple. now im just wondering if i can put all 4 lights i plan on installing on one upfitter switch or if i need to break them up.

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
You can hook to 1 switch. Theyre super easy to install. They have a sync wire that will help get them all on the same pattern. Install just takes a 1" hole n the housing and 2 small screws hold them in place. Some clear silicone will insure a nice watertight seal

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks brother its much appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you want the brightest flash, keep them mounted in small places, such as reverse light, turn signal area. Headlight area is a bad place in my opinion because you get drowned out by the headlights. Mine are mounted in the front turn signals and fogs, rear reverse and cargo light area. The cargo and fog look bad ass!!!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I prefer sound off signal. My brother does installs on police/fire/ems/3 letter acronym groups, and thats all they use. There hide a way kits are bright as ****. Just my opinion, whelens good I'm just not a fan

·
Roamer
45 Posts
All I have to say is thank god I have my front hide a ways on a separate switch cause after a few hours of plowing I feel like I'm gonna have a seizure. Just something to think about

1 - 13 of 13 Posts