Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the guru's. Been noticing when starting truck for a brief period the display says check brake system. Happens on and off. last couple of times now the speedo pegs itself and drops back down. Well tonight truck would not start. Cranked for about 3-4 seconds then went south, i mean south. batteries are dead. Is it worth taking batteries out and having them checked? Truck has 13 some k miles on it. It sits the majority of time in garage since I bought the truck mainly for pullin our toy hauler. Anybody think they might have any insight that would help? All stock except Edge Insight.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Can you check for DTC on the insight?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yeah i would check for codes first. I have heard of guys getting bad batteries, may that's all it is!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well couldn't find any codes on insight. batteries had red eyes so I called dealership to see what they wanted me to do since I told them what I have seen before. I jumped it and took it there. One battery not even reaching cold cranking amps. They did a few other test and alternator is reading funny. Going to hook it up Monday and due a diagnostic check on electrical and other things. So that's where i stand.

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Mine did that when it was having starting issues. They replaced a battery and starter solenoid and no more problem for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea,for the truck being a job 3 I'm seeing things I thought would have been worked out. Hope they get it right. I remember reading somewhere that people were having issues when they seen the check brake system when starting. Just can't remember where I read that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts