Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short i have an 04 6.0 auto. I had a few injectors crap out so i bought a set of +70hp injectors from RCD along with an SCT X3. I loaded the tunes and the truck didnt run right. I called RCD and after i got the runaround for 2 weeks they sent a new tune. The truck still wont shift right. As it wants to shift to the next gear it kind of surges like it doesnt kno when to shift. Sometimes depending on the speed and throttle position it will do it in all the gears. I have to either let off the pedal or give it more to get it to shift. This 2nd tune from RCD was supposed to be a garunteed fix but apparently somethings going on. The tranny shifted smooth and never had a prob until the ECU was flashed???? :confused:

truck has 138,000

Other Mods:
EGR delete
K&N intake
5" custom exhaust.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
did u install the injectors or did a ford dealer do it.... i was just wondering if ford updated programming on it while it was flashed... checking to see if the strategy u gave ur programmer still matchs the tunes sent..... fill your sig out for us so we have an idea of what the pickup is and exactly whats done to it... welcome to the nation! you will find lots of helpful people and useful info here!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fordfreak: i will check with RCD in the a.m. and confirm the strategy matches up. They had also stated today when they emailed me the "revised" tune that they had flashed the same tune in one of thier "own" trucks and it ran flawlessly, leading them to think there is something wrong internally with my tranny??

The injectors were installed by a friend of mine who used to be a diesel tech for Ford.

And as far as i know it was never flashed before i bought the truck, owned it for almost 90,000 miles. I do however have a Banks bullet programmer still in it that i have continued to use as a boost gauge. If its non-functioning in stock mode like i have it, will that have any affect on how the SCT tunes loaded?

i have been lurking around this site for the last 2 years when i needed to know some urgent info. this site is full of great information and some great people. thanks for all the past and future help!!

Andy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i contacted RCD and confirmed the strategy matches up. ??? :confused:a

No one has had this happen with their tunes before???

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
return it to stock n c what it does so we can verify whether its tuning related

68 Posts
Some of the trucks in 04 like mine were reflashed by ford in low mileage because of a recall issue or something else im not sure of. if it had warranty work and it had not been reprogramed they might have done it later on, but I cant be sure. Also when my truck is running higher power it shifts better with a firmer shift tune. but these guys know better then me!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i returned it back to stock and the truck runs and shifts like it did before i did the injectors and SCT.

any input appreciated!!

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
so now it shifts just fine? if so id go to a different tuner and get some custom tuning.... elite, innovative, gearhead, psdplayer, cale at bts... theres plenty of options im running mattr66's Street race lite file and lovin it...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes, i called RCD and told them it shifts fine in stock mode. They said blah blah we've tested this tune and didnt have a prob, and that it might be my tranny that cant hold the added power from the tune????

Idk what to do now, these guys dont seem to have the knowledge to fix what they dont know. I have 5 unlocks left, what/where do i go???

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
So the shift flares bad? Most tunes will hold the gear longer and shift harder than stock, are you sure this isn't what you are experiencing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
06:
No it doesnt shift hard at all. When it tries to shift into the next gear it seems to "surge" in the same gear like it wants to shift but doesnt know when too. I have to let off the gas or give it more to stop it from "surging" if you would. And it will do it at the top of the next gear too, gets annoying to work the pedal on and off so your truck doesnt sound like a big pos. I dont have any issues at WOT, happens under normal driving not layin into it.????

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Sounds kinda like a shift flare, try a new tune, just tell the tuner you have injectors. The price for one tune won't break your bank, give Matt a try (mattr66), he is easy to work with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
freak:
Im new at this SCT stuff, do i just call up one of these more "reputable" tuners and tell them what mods i have along with my strategy code and they will write me a new tune? And how much does it cost about to get this done??

thanks for all the help

andy

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
depends on the tune.... 75 for matts extreme tunes 50 for regulars. 85 for erics extreme tunes 65 for regulars... and im not sure on everyone elses pricing

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i sent mattr66 a pm. i couldnt find a direct number to contact him. i would like to get a new tune asap from him, need my truck on the road.

thanks again

1 - 20 of 28 Posts