Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I hate dodge's and have decided that I am not going to buy another, but I am stuck with one for now.:shrug: Although, I want to point out that our Ford continues to run day in and day out with minimal problems!!

I am working on a 2001 Dodge Durango 5.9L 4-wheel drive:

I am trying to replace the CV axle shaft in the front driver's side. I have been beating the #### out of it for a couple of hours now trying to get it to slide out. I can't get the damn thing to come out!! We have checked with several different places and in my manual and it says that there is not a pin that connects it inside the differential housing. Can anyone shine some light on this or tell me what to do (besides blow it up!!LOL)

Thanks
The wife :>

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
There is an internal snapring like piece on the axleshaft like what you find on some impact guns. It is just a piece of spring steel that wraps around the axleshaft. Put a good prybar between the end of the differential and the axleshaft and give it a good yank. It will pop out however you should have a pan handy as you will get a rush of fluid usually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts