Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find a diagram ANYWHERE for my 1995 EC, 5speed OBS for the washer pump/lines/etc.. assy. The reservoir is pumping up through a tube to this vacuum looking can with some hard wire for turning on and off on the opposite end where the tube for the liquid goes in like a heater control?and it stops there and goes no further. This thing is located on the firewall in the upper passenger side above the heater core hoses. The liquid is coming out at this damn vacuum looking can thing and not going through the hoses going to the cowl. HOWEVER, I can find no document anywhere for this system. I have the 1996 f-series owners manual, looked at the diesel supplement...no luck. It shows some other system different from mine.

Any help appreciated. Had a terrible drive last night and tonight without a washer system working properly.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Someone has probably installed a heater for the windshield washer fluid. These were popular when they first came out untill they were all recalled due to overheating and catching fire. Canadian tire no longer sells them but here is another place that has them.. I say get rid of it
Windshield Washer Fluid Heater

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Just run the hose from the windshield washer can STRAIGHT to the nozzles

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here you go. What the hell is this thing? A heater? That is the hose coming in from reservoir on the left. You said go straight from pump to nozzles. I guess I remove cowl to get to nozzle hoses?

Attachments

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
You must be getting hoses mixed up somewhere when they cross the truck, or you are not following the correct hose at all.
That little diaphragm type deal you have a picture of is a part of the vacuum and heat system. I don't remember what exactly it does, but it's not wiper fluid.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
You must be getting hoses mixed up somewhere when they cross the truck, or you are not following the correct hose at all.
That little diaphragm type deal you have a picture of is a part of the vacuum and heat system. I don't remember what exactly it does, but it's not wiper fluid.
Correct. That opens and closes the fresh air door. has nothing to do with the washers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, great. Can you tell me where the hose for this the fresh air door is supposed to attach. I also cannot find any of the washer hoses going into the cowl. Are they hidden somewhere or should I just remove cowl to find them? I can't believe someone had the washer hose connected to the fresh air door thing. Not the craziest thing, one of the dumbest though.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
This white hose goes to the fresh air door. the other end goes into the harness which runs back into the cab

This is the hard black plastic tube that hose that comes form the washer tank and goes up into the cowl to the squirters

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You rock! You still have one one the best looking OBS (white/blue) I have ever seen. Thanks a bunch! You think I should try to "vac out" all the washer fluid that has been going into this thing? I have a vac pump like you use for brakes. Just wouldn't want to upset the diaphram if I applied too much vacuum.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I would vac it and get the washer fluid out of there. Just pull 15lbs. no more.

And what is wrong with my silver and maroon truck?LOL

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I noticed that instead of my tube coming out of the harness and going straight to the flapper valve thing, mine comes out, and tees, with one side going to the vacuum block on the driver inner fender and the other going to the flapper vacuum thing. Is this a correct setup? From your picture, I should just connect the tube straight to the vacuum valve thing, instead of running it to a vaccuum port, then to the valve thing?

What does the tube running from valve to harness do, and where does it end up on inside of cab? I'm just trying to figure out if this is the fresh air flapper, where does it derive it's "power"/ vacuum? Just want to get it back like it should. My heat works great, it blows a little slow in my opinion, but works great. A/C does not blow cold, but I'm sure the system hasn't been charged in eons.

Thanks again. Washers work GREAT by the way! Life saving site here...even though I forgot how to load pics :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, the silver and maroon.....?? Maroon is my least favorite color for a vehicle...but that has no effect on anything but my own perception :) I think the blue and white "pops" more. Besides, you got two powerstrokes!!! You could paint one purple and still be kicking ass.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
The white hose does in the cab to the heater control.

As for the white and blue truck is is a gasser that will smoke most powerstrokes around here:evil

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
While you are in there check that white hose on the blend door actuator thing, it being white is more susceptible to drying out and cracking from the sun. It will lose vacuum and cause the air in the cab to go to defrost and back with throttle position. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the white hose that goes to the heater control, does it supply vacuum to the valve thing, if so,is there a hose that supplies vacuum to the heater control? If so, where should it be located? Just trying to get things back they way they should. My heat seems to be fine, no going back and forth. Just making sure I have everything done correctly.

·
Registered
308 Posts
'97 A/C & heater vacuum lines

I can offer this, which is from the '97 EVTM. $22 well spent (thanks Patrick).
Hopefully, yours is similar too, in regards to color and routing.

PM if you want more info.

DR

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm. I'll have to check this against what I have going on. Just need to figure out the connection to the outside recirculate door vacuum motor. Can you tell me what the "X" refers to at the terminus of all these lines. I can't see it in the caption. Is the vacuum tank, the same thing as the "block of connections on my driver side inner fender? I'll post a picture tomorrow. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Can you tell me what the "X" refers to at the terminus of all these lines. I can't see it in the caption. Is the vacuum tank, the same thing as the "block of connections on my driver side inner fender?
Correct. The X is the connection to the Vacuum Distribution Block.
You will see the X again here:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts