Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help with the backspacing. Not to sure what I really need. I am going to get some BMF Novakane and I was wonder is this ok on the back spacing for a 2004 F350srw. I do have leaf springs in front. 20x10 Bolt Pattern 8x6.69 Metric 8x170 -19 Offset. Thanks for any help. To much money to put out and get the wrong thing.

·
Savings?? what?
190 Posts
What size tire you running? the normal offset range for 99-04 is 0-15. with a 19 offset they will fit, but you may rub the spring depending on tire size and lift.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size tire you running? the normal offset range for 99-04 is 0-15. with a 19 offset they will fit, but you may rub the spring depending on tire size and lift.
I am going to run Toyo 37" x 20" x 12.50, I am not real familiar with the backspacing but I though the bigger the number would be further away from the wheel? This is the wheel size BP: 8x170 CB: OS: -19 BS: 4.75

·
Savings?? what?
190 Posts
I am going to run Toyo 37" x 20" x 12.50, I am not real familiar with the backspacing but I though the bigger the number would be further away from the wheel? This is the wheel size BP: 8x170 CB: OS: -19 BS: 4.75

Dude- You need to get some shut eye!! Offset is backwards from what would be intuitive. Positive offset sucks the wheel inboard, negative offset pushes it out. So a -19 will push your wheel quite a bit outboard. On the good side you wont rub the spring. However the further out the wheel is, the wider the swing of the tire, so unless you have a BIG lift, meaning more then 8" you will rub your inner fender when turning, and will need to trim your bumper. Of course cut out fender flares will solve that.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude- You need to get some shut eye!! Offset is backwards from what would be intuitive. Positive offset sucks the wheel inboard, negative offset pushes it out. So a -19 will push your wheel quite a bit outboard. On the good side you wont rub the spring. However the further out the wheel is, the wider the swing of the tire, so unless you have a BIG lift, meaning more then 8" you will rub your inner fender when turning, and will need to trim your bumper. Of course cut out fender flares will solve that.
I can get plenty of sleep when I am dead lol. I am in the middle east right now so there is a 10hr time difference. I sure appriciate the help. I wasn't really sure how the offset worked. It is a -19 so I believe it will work. I have a 6 1/2" lift right now. I have been running 37's on it but with stock wheels. Haven't had any rubbing issues on the bumper. Only on the springs wich is why I am wanting to offset pushing the wheels outward. But it is close to the bumper when I turn. Hopefuly it will be ok. This is a brand new Harley bumper. Sure would hate to cut it. Thanks again for the help

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Alan, offset doesn't matter..4.75BS will put the tire 1/4" closer than factory offset depending on the tire design, may rub the springs a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts