Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The craigslist ad for this turbo states it's a "Garrett GT47 72mm Turbo VNT Ball Bearing and Billet compressor wheel"

Asked what was on the id tag and got this. "tag says honeywell and Garrett and there's 2 numbers on the tag 23531105 and GBM 14844:
Any idea as to what this is before I go look at it. A friend is considering using it to compound with a 38r.

·
Registered
83 Posts
kinda looks like a garrett from a detroit 14.0L

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Its a detroit diesel but not sure of the ar ratio or if it is a journal bearing or bb.

Too big for me waybe powersmoke junkie or charles may have an idea

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
72mm Compressor wheel would make it in the gt4294 range. If the 72mm is refering to the compressor inducer.

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
That wouldn't be a good turbo as an atmosphere on compounds, the gt38r has a 66mm compressor and this one is only 72. It also is Variable Nozzle Technology VNT turbine which is more suited to a single application. But the compressor housing looks HUGE to me?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That wouldn't be a good turbo as an atmosphere on compounds, the gt38r has a 66mm compressor and this one is only 72. It also is Variable Nozzle Technology VNT turbine which is more suited to a single application. But the compressor housing looks HUGE to me?
I'm trying to figure out what it is. If it's a 72mm...then it's not a gt47, but rather a 42. If it truly is vnt then it just might get setup as a big single.

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
It looks like a s400 turbine from what little I can see in the pictures. It would be neat if the nozzle was mechanically controlled instead of electronically interfaced to the engine it was designed for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts