Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help with surging idle.

967 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Pw82 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Excursion with the 6.0. It has a 4 inch down pipe back exhaust no muffler, pcv reroute, Power Hungry Performance ficm mod and 50 hp tune. When idiling the rpm's are surging up and down. This just started after recently installing a Sinister EGR delete, blue fuel spring & updated turbo oil feed line. Not sure the problem is connected to any of the new parts but wasn't doing it before hand. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Yes on the new parts & custom tune. I didn't install the parts myself had a friend of mine that's a Ford diesel tech. do it. Asked him and he didn't have any ideas off the top of his head.

#4 ·
What's your ICP doing while its surging?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#5 ·
Haven't had it hooked up to the scanner yet. Haven't had time to get to the dealership. Just looking for some ideas to start looking at. It is getting close to my oil change interval any chance that has anything to do with it?

#6 ·
Since the injectors are fired using oil pressure, its possible. These engines will act strange if oil is dirty..

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#7 ·
X2 on checking ICP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.