Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive got a 97 f-250 7.3L it was an ordered truck without a towing package so it doesnt have a trans cooler. i plan on putting one in so id like some info about them and i was told i could use a cooler from a 6.0 i know some of you guys can help me out so please do and anyone who knows where i can go to get one or who has one for sale please let me know i appreciate it guy thanks in advance

·
Registered
285 Posts
get the stock v-10 cooler. thats what one i have, pulling 28' enclosed loaded down, trans runs at 140*

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
i have the 6.0 cooler, BTS installed it when they did my trans, other then when the trans is broke it never gets above 140

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys i could still use some more info my truck doesnt have a cooler at all so i need an entire kit the cooler, lines, and hardwaresome other options on where to get one would be great thanks in advance

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,122 Posts
you dont have a feed and return line going from the trans to the bottom right of radatior?
It had a cooler in the radiator when it left the factory.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I think the OP means that he doesn't have the cooler that mounts in front of the radiator. I have a Hayden "dawg" cooler w/fan. It runs nice and cool and with the addition of the cooler fan it has even brought the cooling system temps down a bit. Not that the cooling system needed any more help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes that is what i mean i dont have a seperate trans cooler in front of the radiator and their are no lines there for one its the way the truck came from factory so i need to find a place to get a kit the cooler and the lines

1 - 11 of 11 Posts