Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to remove the gay ass sticker that the dealership put on the truck.
its a 1994 Toyota if that helps at all. any info would be greatly appreciated and i attached a photo. the decal is the one that's running down the side of the truck right below the windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
wd-40 works ok. spray them down every few minutes until they start to peel or if there is a spot already peeling start there... it may take a couple cans. or tar/pine pitch remover... goo gone...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
goo gone works good.. or a razor blade just under the surface of the sticker but not on the paint with some windex... then some windex on the adhesive and your good.. worked in a detail shop and that what we did to remove stickers or decals.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
100+ degree days here in Texas makes it easy to get stickers off. I peeled the A pillars on my 09 scion xB super easy when it was hot. If not use a hair dryer or a heat gun to make it easier.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
:whs: plus one of those plastic scrapers. Then Goo Gone or WD-40 to finish up.

·
Registered
700 Posts
You can peel the sticker off and use "prepall" to remove the access gunk. Its a grease and tar remover.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i tried to peel it off and the stupid thing just keeps breaking. i have a big thing of goo gone so i think ill try to just keep applying it to the sticker and see where it gets me. thanks for all the info you guys are AWESOME!!!

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Walmart carries a 3M decal/adhesive remover .

·
FREE THINKER
703 Posts
If there is a automaotive paint store near you they sell a rubber wheel that you put on a drill and spin it slowly and it rolles the sticker right off,its what i use works awesome and intantly.;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
ive used a steamer in the past to remove tint and stickers

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
If there is a automaotive paint store near you they sell a rubber wheel that you put on a drill and spin it slowly and it rolles the sticker right off,its what i use works awesome and intantly.;)
Best way there is Hands Down. 3M makes them, they look like a big gum eraser. Took my 10 year old pin stripe right off. I got mine at a Car Quest.

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
If it's been on there since 94 the paint undereath ain't gonna match. It might likely leave the impression of where it used to be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts