Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Beans D66 installed into my 97 7.3. It is running great but making a strange noise. Sounds like a rattling or grinding noise coming from the turbo. Is a slight noise at idle and louder as you rev the truck up. Any ideas whats going on here?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Take the cover off and see if its rubbing on it, you should be able to tell easily. I would also be calling Beans since you just bought it and see what they advise you to do so you don't mess up your warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took of the intake and the wheel has alot of play up and down and there is oil inside the turbo. Is there anyway to check if im getting oil to the turbo? Or since there is oil inside the turbo does this mean it is getting enough oil?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Call Beans tomorrow or you can send a message on here, might want to take some pictures as well to send over to them if they need it.

Pretty much your turbo needs rebuilt, is there any in out play?

Also are you talking oil from the ccv (box on drivers valve cover that ties into intake). If it is coming from the turbo get that turbo off right away or dont run it at all if the oil is leaking by the turbo on the intake side you could very well have your engine run away from you if you keep running that turbo and that happens then you will be looking for a motor as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts