Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some issues with getting from my bw4406 to my front axle. My front output on the tcase is a flange with 3.5" bolt center distance and a 2inch pilot that only extends 1/8" my shaft is supposedly from a f350 it has a double Cardin joint but no face to bolt to my flange. Any solutions for this?

Also does anyone know where to get the bolts for that shaft to transfer case flange
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i tried to piece together my driveline from craigslist and junkyards. Did a 4x4 swap on a 2wd truck, pain in the butt at this point in the project. im looking for a 1356 and the right shafts currently.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Curious, why did you chose a 4406?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because I didn't do my research effectively and didn't know how hard it would be to find driveshafts! Lol

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Is it even set up for manual shift? Or is it electric?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
You could run a 4407 or 1356, pretty sure the front driveshafts are the same for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
You could run a 4407 or 1356, pretty sure the front driveshafts are the same for both.
Yep, same driveshaft for both, but the 4407 still has to have the correct CV type yoke as the F250 did not use a CV front shaft and has a different yoke.

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ended up just finding a different tcase, going to pick it up with the shafts on Monday. The 4406 is a manual shift and everything bolts right up except for the front shaft!

·
CAT lover
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hit the money today and finally got the right tcase and shafts. Also scored the 4x4 transmission crossmember so I don't have to fab one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts