Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m trying to track down a fuel leak on a 1997 it looks like it’s coming from the fuel lift pump or banjo bolt. I have watched YouTube videos and mine is different under the turbo pedestal there is a Bosch part that’s in the way?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas Automotive design

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Welcome!

You have a California 97 with splitshot injectors (and other differences)! That black disc is a pulse damper to alleviate the pulsations from the mechanical fuel pump. I've read where folks have been able to get the banjo bolt off, but when I did my fuel pump replacement, I just bit-the-bullet and removed the turbo (a big pain in the butt). I used the opportunity to clean the valley and also replace the damper and fuel line seals (sleeves) at the back of the heads while I was there. The banjo bolt is further back due to the longer banjo/fuel line assembly. I'll see if I can find the thread where they did it without removing the turbo. Cheers!

Added in edit: Here's the link to the thread/post (different forum) on how the poster was able to remove the banjo bolt without removing the turbo: Fuel pump Replace

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome!

You have a California 97 with splitshot injectors (and other differences)! That black disc is a pulse damper to alleviate the pulsations from the mechanical fuel pump. I've read where folks have been able to get the banjo bolt off, but when I did my fuel pump replacement, I just bit-the-bullet and removed the turbo (a big pain in the butt). I used the opportunity to clean the valley and also replace the damper and fuel line seals (sleeves) at the back of the heads while I was there. The banjo bolt is further back due to the longer banjo/fuel line assembly. I'll see if I can find the thread where they did it without removing the turbo. Cheers!

Added in edit: Here's the link to the thread/post (different forum) on how the poster was able to remove the banjo bolt without removing the turbo: Fuel pump Replace
Thank you for the information really appreciate you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts