Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got a 2002 f-250 i have the edge juice and another stock to 150 chip on it i bought and man said it had a centerforce dual friction but i slipt it pullin a bobcat and i was wonderin which clutch would be best i priced the centerforce that holds up to 1200ft/lb torque for 1300

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I am pleased with my South Bend CON O. I believe it is good to 350rwhp. You could try calling Peter at South Bend or Swamps.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have the southbend fe paid ($1000) for it and loved it until it started slippin on me bout a weekago. but been running it and loved it..reason i think i slipped it was i hook to one of my buddies with a dually and 35's (couldn't see the top of the tires) and i had to yank and pull on him and my dumba$$ tried pullin him in 4hi 3rd gear instead of 1st and when i went to grab 2nd(or so i thought) i grabbed 4th and it slipped BADLY and has from then on. but i'm bout to go to a valair clutch heard good things bout them and they r real cheap..one i'm getting is 900ft lbs for under 400 bucks.... http://www.dieselperformanceproducts.com sells them.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
iv got a 2002 f-250 i have the edge juice and another stock to 150 chip on it i bought and man said it had a centerforce dual friction but i slipt it pullin a bobcat and i was wonderin which clutch would be best i priced the centerforce that holds up to 1200ft/lb torque for 1300
SouthBend ConOFe minimum...450hp rated...but definitely not a clutch that you can sllliiiippppp on.

If you need a clutch that you can slip on with a heavy load...that isn't chattery (backing a heavy trailer, etc) you want to do a twin disc...there are a few options.

take care~

Dave

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Dave, do you know what the CON O is rated for? This is what was recommended to me because I had stock injectors. The main reason was that it would drive very smooth and not chatter.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
about 350 I guess...but I only sell those to OBS guys and stock injectors...or SD guys without a chip.

94-97 trucks with our 150's and a chip will go through a ConO...and 99+ trucks with a hot chip will too.

The Ofe is every bit as smooth as the "O"...but it'll hold a fair amount more.

The "Fe" (full ferramic) is a pretty chattery clutch...and I know it won't hold the 'rated' 550.

So, in my opinion, we sell the Ofe's or the DD's.

even with guys that tow heavy, the 2 different friction materials on the DD's make that clutch waaaay smoother than a single disc "Fe"...without a bunch of pedal effort.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Thanks Dave. Peter at SB had advised me on the con o because of the stock injectors. He did say anything over that and I would have to step up. But, if I remember correctly, he said I might get some chatter or less driveability. That scared me off and I stayed with the CON O. But, I only run a mild chip at this point and I have had no issues with it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so which would be the best for me do yuns think im goin to either get a big dp tuner or send my ts chip off to get burned and i want a clutch that i can drive everyday and pull and not worry bout slipping or the chatter

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
dave,
i;ve heard that the ofe will hold as much as the fe why is that?
Honestly I have no idea...while I think the Fe will actually hold a bit more (maybe 50hp)...what you give up in driveability (with the Fe, the chatter, the stalling while backing a heavy trailer, the not-at-all smooth engagement)...doesn't really make sense to get it if you are making 500rwhp...

especially when you can get a sprung dual disc that will slip (and survive), has smooth engagement, low pedal effort, etc...and WILL hold the occasional sled pull with decent hp.

I think if SBC would add 30% or so to the pressure plate on the Fe...that it would do what it needs to do to fill the gap between the Ofe and the DD's.

:shrug:

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
I like my Con OFE, but no way I'd ever jump up to an FE. My OFE is just grabby enough on engagement that it can be aggravating when backing a trailer or anything where you need to slip it a little.
If I knew what I know now I would have gone with a double disc just so I had room to grow. I've spent too much money on my truck as it is though so it's probably a good thing I don't have a DD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.