Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my parking brake light and the ABS lights are on and they wont go off. its annoying because i have the lights on all the time and my cruise control wont work. please help!

Attachments

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Have you had the recall done for the brake light switch on the master cylinder? It can cause the light to come on due to a leak at the switch. ABS light could be due to a bad VSS. Does the speedo work correctly or does it bounce around?

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i took my truck in for the cruise control recall and the CPS recall but they never said anything about a brake light recall. it doesnt bounce really. just like a very small amount, its hardly noticeable.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
The cruise recall is actually an adapter harness that they unplug the harness going to the low brake fluid switch on the master cylinder and they put an inline harness with two fuses between the factory harness and the switch/sensor. Since you took it in for those recalls check the fuses in that harness and see if they are blown.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i checked the harness today that ford put in and i didnt find any fuses but i think i may have been looking at the wrong thing. i also noticed that i am low on brake fluid. would that make a difference?

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes that it will you have a sensor in your fluid tank and it can make it come on but it also could be a abs sensor on on of your wheel hubs to cause they go out all the time so just have someone run the code on the abs system and they can tell you what it is

·
Registered
542 Posts
Have you checked your brake fluid level? The ford fix for the sensor has a fusible link not a fuse.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my brake fluid level is low so ill add some and see what that does for it. but it still doesnt explain the brake light that is on.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Hey viper. I see that you are saying the fix from the dealer is a fuseable link. That must be the latest fix for it because I clearly have two fuses in fuse holders in the adapter harness that the dealer installed on my truck. That light that is on is there to tell you when you are low on brake fluid. You are low on brake fluid so the light would be on. Hopefully not so low that you got air into the system.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i had the same thing happen to my old 95 f150. took it to a buddy of ours whos a ford mechanic n it was just low on brake fluid. he topped it off and the lights went off n never had any problems out of it the rest of the time i had it

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright well im going to put fluid in it. i dont think its too low my brakes are fine other than needing new brake pads put on. ill so that and see what happens

·
Banned
924 Posts
mine was about 1/2 inch lower then max and it clicked the lights on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts