Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
psd tech
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:this is on a 60" zero turn, starts OK goes town the road OK with blades on or off, but when you try to mow it bogs down and dies if you don't go very slow like a turtle, have drained the tank,cleaned,plugs, fuel filter, air filter, the carb cleaned several times, has had both coils replaced, spark module, and has 150 psi compression on both cyls.oh I also checked all of the deck pulley's there OK.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
969 Posts
blades sharp?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It sounds like you have governor issues. I have a 22hp Kohler Command on a zero turn Bush Hog mower. It is a POS and will barely turn the 60inch deck in tall grass. But, it does fine if I keep the yard mowed once a week. You should not have a problem with power on a 25hp Command unless these motors are just that bad.

I

·
0 Posts
It sounds like you have governor issues. I have a 22hp Kohler Command on a zero turn Bush Hog mower. It is a POS and will barely turn the 60inch deck in tall grass. But, it does fine if I keep the yard mowed once a week. You should not have a problem with power on a 25hp Command unless these motors are just that bad.
I have one and it's a POS.. My local Deere dealer told me the Brigg's is way now.. I'll never buy another one that's for sure..

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I can't really help you, but my Kawasaki 23 HP did this to me, and it turned out to be some dirt particles in the jets... you may can try that one more time.

I have one and it's a POS.. My local Deere dealer told me the Brigg's is way now.. I'll never buy another one that's for sure..
I thought that Kawasaki was the way to go??? :confused:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I work on all of them. Kohler is far superior to Kawasaki or Briggs. Check your fuel pump, most have a vacuum operated pump. On the back of the pump there is a small wire mesh screen. Most of the time these get clogged with dirt, clean it with carb cleaner.

·
psd tech
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had the mower for 6 or 7 years and it started doing this last year and 2 shops couldn"t fix it, I will check the fuel pump screen and see what happens,

·
psd tech
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:doh:OK got to look today a little,checked and cleaned fuel pump, took the cover off the top of the carb and checked the little orifaces with a fine wire.
Then still no better, back to basics I guess I should have done this 1st,pulled coil wires off 1 at a time starter side no change oil filter side bingo it died,so started checking and found no spark at the plug on the starter side hopefully someone knows how to tell what is causing this with out just thowing part at it.
I guess maybe they didn't do what they said at the shop.

I tried to attach a picture of the wirring comming out fro under the tin there are several wires not connected to any thing don't know if this is a problem or not 1 is a dark green wire w/a male spade connector,large yellow w/female spade, white w/female spade,yellow w/female spade comming out of the connector.

Attachments

·
psd tech
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK it was a problem of people not doing what they said, found the starter side coil bad, thanks to the great FREE info on Kohler's web site.
replaced it today and all is good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts