Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 350 4X4 Job 3 and I am looking to buy a tuner just don't know what to buy? I am not looking for big power just want something to try and help with fuel mileage. Would like to do it without doing the dpf delete just don't want to pull it off . Can i get something that will help a little and keep the dpf and get a little more power? I am looking at the Spartan or the IDP SCT Touch Screen Xtreme 8900 . Thanks for the help.

Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
With the DPF on, you cannot have your cake and eat it too. More power will mean more regens. Do it all or don't do it at all. At least that has been my research so far.

·
Registered
803 Posts
You won't want to add much more than 120rwhp or so. The Livewire 9625 or SCT TSX TouchScreen will both work well. You won't see a huge gain in mileage, but with a light foot, it is better. Please PM, email, or call if you have any specific questions.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
you want to gain milge get rid of the dpf, otherwise i dont think you will see more then 1 mpg if anythin

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I remove the dpf what tuner would you all think would be the best? I pull a 36ft gooseneck with race car and get 6 mpg trying to make it a little better . truck is 2 yrs and has 12k on it

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
h&s spartan and sct are all good tuners, read the first page of the offical tuner thread and that will give you the pros and cons of each one then if you have any questions from there let us know

·
Registered
429 Posts
:whs: That's the best way to go, i don't think we need another tuner thread LOL!! Lot's of good info in that thread.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
ya not to be a smart ass but seems like alot of ppl keep asking the same questions about the differant tuners when just about everything on them are in the offical tuner thread thats set a sticky :poke:

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read them still not sure . That is why I asked sorry to start another thread . Times are tuff and to shell out that kind of cash is hard so I want to make sure for what I do with racing and pulling my trailer what will be the best for my dollar.

Thanks guys love this site able to ask questions about Deletes and it doesn't get changed.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Actually after you started this thread i realized we do need more input from people running DPF on tuning, there arent alot, but any bit of an opinion would be good. So i think what i will do is take any bit of info we can get from this thread, and add it to the tuner thread.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
I read them still not sure . That is why I asked sorry to start another thread . Times are tuff and to shell out that kind of cash is hard so I want to make sure for what I do with racing and pulling my trailer what will be the best for my dollar.

Thanks guys love this site able to ask questions about Deletes and it doesn't get changed.
didnt realize you still want to keep the dpf, i had the edge, then the edge stacked with the superchip with my dpf on and niether way saw any extra milage weather it was around town or cruising on the freeway. the power wasnt even noticable with the edge juice, back then it was only a 80 chip and once i stacked it with the superchip it was pritty decent but that was a couple years ago so idk if they did anything diffrant to get any milage with the dpf on but back then i didnt see any better or any worse milage,

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well I have been running the spartan 150 dpf on tune for a couple days now. Need to get a new exhaust before i install my delete pipe. But let me say this. For anyone just trying to get a lil more pep and for the people that dont want to remove there dpf this is the way to go. Def see a jump in mileage but nothing really to be a deciding factor. The power is great. Now im not saying its a 275 tune or anything but def worth it. I could def get away with this a a DD. Shifts are nice and firm but not harsh. Acceleration is very good. I def give the 150 dpf on tune Two Thumbs up. I will not be running this tune much longer due to personally not liking the regens. But until then I am good with it. And for people thinking about it. Just do it. It will still be like a new truck.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
My truck is at BDP right now getting tuned and so far he has the smaller tunes pretty much done and they are "smooth as butter" from what I am told. Keep an eye on the BDP tuning thread he should post some numbers and results and talk about them today or tomorrow. They use the SCT for tuning platform.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My truck is at BDP right now getting tuned and so far he has the smaller tunes pretty much done and they are "smooth as butter" from what I am told. Keep an eye on the BDP tuning thread he should post some numbers and results and talk about them today or tomorrow. They use the SCT for tuning platform.
Do you think, when they get there tunes all done, that they will sell them on the web page?? I do have Eric's tunes, but a can load 3 more tunes in the Livewire......so i thought why don't i do that!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
They may Johnathon was supposed to tune all day today and finish most of the tunes but I am not sure if he is or not I haven't talked to him. When he gets done wih my truck he will release numbers and comparisons to IDP and Spartan tunes and then release his tunes for sale, not sure if they will be web downloads or if you will have to send it to them like IDP.

Just keep an eye on the BDP tuning thread in this section and all the info will be there soon.

Here is the thread link

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52444

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cool, thanks!!

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so if i go with spartan does it come with dpf on and off tunes that way i can do a delete later down the road? what the eric's tunes that you see on hear?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts