Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have an 05 F350 6.0L and after an extended drive (25 miles) I noticed the engine temp gauge stayed on Cold. It would come up just a little, but only to the top of the C and it normally stays in the middle between C & H.

Coolant level is good and no other issues to report.

I'm thinking it's the thermostat. My exhaust temp never elevated above normal and trans temp was normal.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
652 Posts
To start wth you should run gauges in a 6.0 because the dash gauges just look good but that is about it when they move it is to late. I would think your problem is a stuck open t/stat that is the way most stock Ford t/stat work only replace with a Ford t/stat there temp range is---start to open 192.2* and fully open 219.2*.
Get a new o-ring and t/stat remove the 2 bolts remove houseing and hose together then push and pop out the old one replace o-ring reinstall. you may want to drain down about a gallon of coolant when finished replace the old coolant. Have you flushed the system the Ford Gold junk will only last about 30-40K before the silicates drop out and start plugging the oil cooler and a coolant filter is a good move also to remove the casting sand.
2 stroker

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
any codes ? I might check the sender before I did a T-stat

P0117 ECT Engine coolant temperature circuit low input , faulty sensor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts