Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I've always just called them dowels or keepers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
So I ordered a head it was going to be like $180 to see if it had a crack and if it did they couldn't fix it so I just ordered one. It has valves and springs and all but it didn't mention injector cups. Do heads normally come with cups installed?

·
Administrator
8,346 Posts
depends on where it comes from. new or used?
if used, have it tested before installing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Re manufactured head

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
OK so I hate when people ask stuff and then never post a resolution. So truck is up and running great. I skipped getting the head checked and I'm glad it saved me $180. There must be a crack behind the injector cup. I put the new head on and it is running great. I will say it was quite the task but since I did things 2 or 3 times it became easier. And although I changed both head gaskets I still feel weird that I only changed one head normally if there is 2 of something I like to change both but with getting non ebpv pedestal and up pipes gauges and injector cups and a laundry list of things the budget was maxed with one head. I just want to say thank you for all the responses and help. Oh yeah something for the future. I already changed my oil cooler seals a while back but if I did it again I think I would take the driver side manifold off. It would be way easier that way.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts