Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled out the junk brake controller I had and installed the new P3. Setups fine but when i plug a trailer in, tried both my gooseneck with brakes and small landscape trailer with no brakes, says "WARNING, Short To Battery, NO BRAKES". Old controller was fine. I bought the pigtail for my truck so it was a simple plug in, just like the old one. Fuses are fine. Didnt change anything else.

Any ideas what the issue could be???

Need to get this fixed, got a heavy load to pull friday

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Any time I have had a problem with an electrical issue, I have looked at grounds, usually ends up being the problem, did you get the right pig tail since you got a new one? I want to say there was a change in the pig tails in 05'. Did you end up with a 05'-08' pigtail?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
use a test light and check the wires on the vehicle side of the pigtail, then read the wires on your brake controller, thats what i did with mine, took bout 5 min and had it all set up and working

·
Registered
99 Posts
check the wiring one more time on the p3, the black=12v, white=Ground, red=cold side of the brake, blue=trailer brake output! if you bought a pigtail it should be color 2 color! if you have a standard test light prob the blue wire at the back of the p3 then press the brake pedal, if there's no problem when you do this then there something wrong at the plug or you have a short at the brakes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts