Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok driving from gulfport, ms to salt lake city, ut. pullin tandoms at about 12k lbs. Pulled great in over drive and cruise control the first night of a couple hours of driving. Day 2 (yesterday) started to get a lil hot if I would use cruise and it tried to hard to keep up, so stopped using cruise and did pertty good for the most part. Would still get a lil warm here and there for a sec until I backed off. Today it would get hot more often, and if speed got to low for overdrive it would kick down a gear but it would make like a "burp" action or something to that affect. That is the best I can discribe it. It started doing it more often as the night went on. I have puke a "little" coolant over the drive but not much. Got real warm one time when had a bad head wind and I couldn't get it into over drive for nothin. As of right now I am in Tucumncari, NM. I have a little over 600 miles to go and definitely more hills and canyons. I am pertty worried about gettin stranded somewhere. I have AE and will check for codes and what not in the mornin. Let me hear the bad news guys. Oh and mods are in my signature and am runnin the can 65hp tow tune on the SCT F3. Thanks in advance y'all. :doh::doh:

·
Registered
84 Posts
How are you monitoring your temps? You say hot, is that by factory idiot gauges or do you have an edge insight? Are you still running gold coolant or have you made the switch to ELC? Do you have any white smoke from exhaust?

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idiot gauge. And yes gold coolant. Add distilled water to top back off tho. I don't believe they have mixed. If I could afford livewire I would love to have one. Should I try to get a custom tion before I finish this trip?

·
Registered
457 Posts
thermostat could have stuck closed cause it to over heat and push coolant out. or head gaskets. compression in cooling system can push coolant out. or you could just be burning it

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oil is not milky and don't think there is any oil in the coolant. So I'm hopin no head gasket problems cause of that. I have to just keep adding distilled water till I can find a dang stealership so I can get more coolant. I pulled codes and I got my normal ones with cyl 2&7 injecter circuit contribution/balance fault. and Cyl 1&8 glow plug but also got some transfer case ones and B1483, P1876, P1832, U2032,U1900. Dam* POS!! Lets hope I can make it.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,117 Posts
Head gasket leaks will practically never put oil in the coolant on the 6.0L. It will simply cause overheating.

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think its the water pump. Cause as soon it would get hot (NY means of the idiot gauge ) I would let off it and it would go back down. No I'm in colder temperatures and its not actin up at all.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i would think its your themostat not opening up all the way, have you tired just leaveing the truck in stock settings for the trip or you on a tow setting.

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was on the 65hp tow tune bit put it back to stock and that helped alot. Put the gears back closer together for all them damn hills.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts