Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A drunk driver hit me head on at 60 mph on memorial day,and my f350 is totaled.found a 2006 F-350 6.0 crew cab lairiet 4x4 here in my town.it needs an oil cooler,break rotors truck is not real bad shape but needs work.
He said oil temp would go to high when towing gooseneck,and skid steer,so he stopped pulling with it and been sitting since.he said I can drive it,oil won't over heat while driving just when towing a load.

What do you guys think is a fair price?
Thankyou

·
Registered
109 Posts
Personally I wouldn't buy one in fair shape needing work unless you just want a project. Saying that, does it have studs, blue spring, egr, ficm been done, things like that add up quick as I'm sure you know. How many miles? Is it in comparable shape to your old one? Otherwise I think you're taking a step backwards.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
220000 miles,this truck looks better than mine was,but engine probely worse than mine.i don't think any of what you mentioned has been done.only saw pictures on his cell,didn't know about the truck till I told him I was involved in that wreck.then he said he had one for sale,I can do the engine work all I'm out is parts.
You think 4000.00 be fair offer?

·
Registered
109 Posts
If he'd take 4000 I think even if you had to put 5k in it you'd have a nice truck for less than 10 grand. If I was him I don't know if I'd sell it for that? Around here they seem to go in the $10-18000 range with the high end being really nice ones.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I don't know till I go look at it,he also said smokes on startup,but gos away.so I am thinking egr cooler cracked,and if he has hydrolocked it may be damaged more than he thinks.i guess I will go look at it and post everything I find out,I will go check it out tomorrow and post back what I find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts