Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m new here and new to the diesel. So my 6.0 powerstroke EOT is getting up to 230 normal driving and my ECT is around average 170-190. I talked to the mechanic well thats what he call himself. He said he talked to a few others and they say that the oil cooler is good which I know that is not. Its not normal to have the degrees on those two that far apart. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
109 Posts
8-10 degree Delta is normal. Anything over 15 and you'd suspect the oil cooler, but additional work is required to test head gaskets as well.

I'd recommend taking it to a competent Diesel shop. Doesn't sound like you found one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can’t seem to see the image but if you have the link I can look it up and thank you for your help

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,164 Posts
What year model truck?

Overheating an EGR cooler can cause it to fail - especially if it is an 04.5 to 07 model year.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,164 Posts
I would consider strongly changing to a BPD EGR cooler, or deleting it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you're doing an EGR Cooler, better do the oil cooler too. Hopefully your head gaskets are still good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I just found out that my egr has been plugged and welded on my ends. But I have a new egr, so should I keep the plugged one or install the new one?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,164 Posts
Keep it plugged/welded.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts