Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my truck started throwing an error code U0074. I am from Indiana and it was very cold when this started. I have a H&S Mini Maxx, DEF and EGR delete. The error code reads that it lost communication with the glow plug module and last week there were a couple of times that the glow plug indicator on the dash did not light up when I put the key in. However, since then it has warmed up and the glow plug indicator light seems to be working fine but the error code it still popping up.

Last night I went and bought a new glow plug module installed it, retuned the truck via Mini Maxx and turned it over. Light was gone. So i turned it off went and put the inner fender back on and started the truck again. The error code was back. So I once again retuned the truck and took it for a drive. Then turned it off and on a couple times and the error code was gone. However the next morning I go out turn the truck over and it is back.

After reading a couple of forums and seeing that the NoX sensors and Module are on the same wiring harness I climbed underneath the truck to find that none of the NoX sensors had been taped up and the nox sensor module (passenger frame rail by back door) was still plugged in. No dielectric grease or anything. So I unplugged that and went and started the truck and the glow plug indicator light on the dash then stayed on.

Does that sound like maybe water/ snow got into that Nox Module while it was still connected and caused or short? Alot of people who have had this issue seemed to talk about their #36 fuse. I checked mine and it seems to be okay, however, I did not yet replace it.

Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last week my truck started throwing an error code U0074. I am from Indiana and it was very cold when this started. I have a H&S Mini Maxx, DEF and EGR delete. The error code reads that it lost communication with the glow plug module and last week there were a couple of times that the glow plug indicator on the dash did not light up when I put the key in. However, since then it has warmed up and the glow plug indicator light seems to be working fine but the error code it still popping up. Last night I went and bought a new glow plug module installed it, retuned the truck via Mini Maxx and turned it over. Light was gone. So i turned it off went and put the inner fender back on and started the truck again. The error code was back. So I once again retuned the truck and took it for a drive. Then turned it off and on a couple times and the error code was gone. However the next morning I go out turn the truck over and it is back. After reading a couple of forums and seeing that the NoX sensors and Module are on the same wiring harness I climbed underneath the truck to find that none of the NoX sensors had been taped up and the nox sensor module (passenger frame rail by back door) was still plugged in. No dielectric grease or anything. So I unplugged that and went and started the truck and the glow plug indicator light on the dash then stayed on. Does that sound like maybe water/ snow got into that Nox Module while it was still connected and caused or short? Alot of people who have had this issue seemed to talk about their #36 fuse. I checked mine and it seems to be okay, however, I did not yet replace it. Any help would be awesome!
Did You ever find the fix my truck is doing the same thing and i did all the same stuff you did

·
Registered
1 Posts
did ether one of figure this out mine just started doing it removes the nox sensor now I’m getting the glow plug light n still thronging code for loss with glue plug control module

1 - 4 of 4 Posts