Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got a Pioneer Avic-x910BT stereo for my truck and need some help locating some wires in my truck. I need to find the Vehicle Speed Signal Wire, the Parking Brake Power Wire, and the Reverse Gear Signal Wire. Can anyone tell me were these wires are in the truck, what color they are or where I can find a wiring diagrahm to find them. My truck is an '01 F350 by the way.

Thanks.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i would hook your park brake wire up different, possibly switched so u can still use it when the park brake isnt applied

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I don't know the factory wires off the top of my head, but if your interested in bypassing the unit so you don't need to hook up all the wires or align the planets to watch a dvd then checkout AVIC411.com and search their forums for the bypass solution.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
I believe the VSS wire is grey with a black tracer. Should be in the radio harness. It is not needed though. i have a avic-f90bt, with my antenna in the corner of my dash, and it reads just fine. The reverse wire is only needed if you have a reverse camera. I tapped mine where the harness is in the drivers door sill. Dont recall the wire color. But a test light finds it. And the parking brake. Im pretty sure if you use the search in AVIC411.com, there is the instructions for the bypass in there. I had to move the yellow black wire from the one spot in the harness to a empty pin, and ground them both, and it bypasses the parking brake for the video play.

·
Registered
480 Posts
hook th epark brake wire up to a ground. And look for the unlock code for your unit. Inless you have a back up wire dont hook up the reverse wire or your radio will go to a blank screen everytime you back up looking for th ecamera

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
I dont think theres a unlock code on Pioneers, Need to hard wire to bypass, and i would hook up the wire, IF you plan on getting a camera, you can just turn off the setting, and it wont blank out. I love my back up, you can pick em up on ebay for like 30 bucks. Night vision and all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
new ones are postive ground instead of a neg like the older ones you usally just put a toogle switch in so video can be seen all the time

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Like i stated earlier you need to switch pins and Ground them. No positive grounds, or bypass codes. Heres the thread. The X bypass is the same as the F. AVIC411.com Series Bypass (Picture Guide). This is a great website for these radios, and there are alot of customization you can do to them. Become a member of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts