Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New from Louisiana and need some help
I have a 05 f350 srw. When I was moving down here I had my 40' 5thwheel and it started to buck and jerk a little and about 200 miles outside of new Orleans it got alot worse . Then when I would stop and take off it had no power at low end and when it would pick up speed then it would spool up then roll black smoke and haul ass . And now without trailer it still does it just not as bad. If I can find someone to help me around Donaldsonville la 40 miles any direction I'll pay to have it scanned

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
If you don't have any luck stop and get a volt meter and check your Ficm voltage. There is a YouTube video that shows how. Unplug the icp sensor and see if there's oil in there. Could be a number of things. Also check battery voltage. Those are the things I would start with.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts
Codes?

Pull EGR valve - inspect and clean. If it is really plugged, I would consider replacing it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cleaned turbo last week it was fine . I'm thinking egr . It did this last year and I cleaned it and it was good But when I was almost to new Orleans I cleaned it in a parking lot and it got worse .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just did the egr delete and now it won't get over 60 wide open . Before when it got up to speed it would kick in and go. Now it won't even do that

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Check the small rubber hose coming off the turbo assembly going over to the passenger side firewall; sometimes it clogs up and limits the turbo vane movements. Also you may want to try plugging your EGR back up and zip tying it under the hood; some models' VGT vanes cycles are regulated by the EGR system (i have read it a few times but it is very uncommon for the most part). Keep us informed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts