Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 with 200k miles, no start. New IPR, new fuel pump, New valve cover gaskets w/connectors. IDM tested by swamps.. Right bank will not fire, electrical harness/injectors circuit shows perfect including IDM. While cranking in getting around 2500psi from ICP. I have installed a pressure Guage at the right side bank and get 0 pressure. I then removed the oil feed hose from the HPOP to the right bank and installed my Guage their and still have 0 pressure but continue to 2500+/-psi from the ICP. Is it possible that my HPOP is only delivering oil through one port? I can't get a straight answer from anyone. I'm about to the point of ordering a new HPOP but I would hate to throw that kind of money away if there is something else that could be causing this behavior.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
942 Posts
What is the IPR doing? Before starting KOEO is the ICP showing 0? I know that the older trucks (pre99) had check valves in the pumps and I'm fairly certain that the post 99 trucks did as well. I believe the check valves are located under the fittings that send oil out to the heads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Icp shows 0 before cranking. I have aftermarket oil lines because one blew off at one time and didn't want to risk that happening again. The individual check valves at the fittings have been removed because of the type of fitting. The New IPR will get from 35% to 65% while cranking.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have read on a Cummins forum where the inner wall of hydraulic tubing was damaged and created a "plug" that blocked the flow of hydraulic fluid (3000 psi no less). Might be worth taking a close look at your new hoses. IPR value might be a little high while cranking.. IIRC in my 97 I see around 30% while cranking, but I'll have to look at the data when I get home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts