Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking off the h&s mini max w/ spe hot tunes, and exhaust. My plan is to go with banks auto mind legal tuner and their exhaust from the dpf back. Someone said I could stack that ts power play mp-8 module with the banks automind programmer is this true?!? If so would it be bad for the engine? Thanks ahead for the help

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't think I would ever run a Banks programmer on anything. Unless someone can tell me a good reason to because I never hear of anyone running Banks. Except for those who flipped through the pages of a Jegs magazine and were intrigued by the 2 page ads for Banks and have the Banks sticker under their fender emblem lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea dot starting to crack the whip around where I live on black smoke..

Im not intrigued on nothing, I'm just trying to get alil power back that I'm use too. And I have heard good things on that banks auto mind. If you know something better then please share it..

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would agree with bk and run a milder tune and that will keep the smoke down for sure. I just bought my 2014 6.7 so I plan on keeping my DPF on until it runs out of warranty. I have been doing a lot of research about who makes good DPF on tunes and I am more than likely going to use Innovative Diesel tunes from Eric. I am going to use the SCT Livewire platform since it seems like a pretty nice setup for the price. I also know that SPE, KEM & DP-Tuner make DPF on tunes.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't think I would ever run a Banks programmer on anything. Unless someone can tell me a good reason to because I never hear of anyone running Banks. Except for those who flipped through the pages of a Jegs magazine and were intrigued by the 2 page ads for Banks and have the Banks sticker under their fender emblem lol.
Banks automind on a 6.7 is actually pretty good! Op, return to stock, run h&s dpf box tuning though! It's the best!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Haha no prob bud. Innovative says it will make 430 rwhp with their dpf on tunes which is actually a decent amount of power. I also read from others who have used Eric's tunes say that his trans tuning is excellent and a good trans tune can really make a difference with the way a truck runs. But for the price of the mini max that you already have your best bet would be to reinstall the dpf and run the H&S dpf on tunes. I also have heard from a good source that the H&S does not actually store the exact copy of the OEM Ford file and when they went to install another tuner and it locked the truck out and they had to have it reflashed by Ford. So be cautious on swapping tuners.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Banks automind on a 6.7 is actually pretty good! Op, return to stock, run h&s dpf box tuning though! It's the best!
The tuning that comes on the mini max is obviously not the best. I've got some custom tunes on mine that blow them away. They feel a good bit quicker than the spe tunes and only really blow smoke when you hold it to the floor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the sct by innovative diesel and it advertizes 150 hp and 315 ft lbs with the xtreme street at the wheel add on for the 6.7. Granted i have a 6.0 with no cat or egr and it dont smoke much only a little while the turbo is spooling if you get after it. The xtreme race is more power but provides more smoke as well. I can drive it normal and no one would know it was tuned.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Which SCT are you running VT? And those lights are pretty sweet Dillon. I am on our local fire dept and I would like to run some blue strobes in my lights, do you know of a good company that sells them for a decent price. Sorry to change the subject.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 3015 through innovative diesel, and it is amazing what it did for my truck. I haven't tried all the tunes but the xtreme street is amazing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thats good to hear. I think I am going to do the Livewire 5015.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts