Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to change the u-joints in the rear driveshaft of my truck and I damaged the flange yoke in the process. The problem is I can't find this part anywhere. The yoke I'm referring to is the one that bolts the rear driveshaft to the transfer case. I've checked all the local part stores and no one can get this part. I have to try the Ford dealership tomorrow, but does anyone know where else I might be able to find this part?

Thanks

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Try a drive line shop ( thats a place that ballences n rebuilds drive shafts.) the front flange is different from the back in that the bolts drop throught the flange on the T case verses the rear its just opisent. I just went through this too dont feel bad, I put new joints in mine had a bad time getting the old one out on the rear point, when the caps did come out the took some of the flange so the snap ring didnt have much to hang onto. I sent it to a shop to be fixed and reballenced after I found my real problem was mising weights. Well they couldnt get the flange at first so I just odered a new drive shaft from Ford. I bought the only one in the country, their discontinued. I also broke the dampener ring on my old one when it fell and hit the floor wraped in plastic, didnt know about it till they got it. Its been a fun week n half, best part was they wanted 350 to retube my old shaft ( No dampener ) and did manage to find a flange. I got a brand diggity new one for about 100 less, that was a no brainer LOL. Dan

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan, but it was a part only Ford sells. Not too bad, $70 from the dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts